Greek roasted potatoes are the most flavorful side dish!
Sliced potatoes are lightly seasoned, roasted until soft and drizzled with lemon juice!
How Make Greek Roasted Potatoes?
Greek roasted potatoes have always been a huge part of my life. I know, that sounds crazy, right? Just like Greek Green Beans, these roasted potatoes have made an appearance at all the special meals in my life as I was growing up. My mom’s potatoes are amazing, they are soft on the inside but slightly crisp on the edges and they coated in flavor.
WHERE IS THE GREEK ROASTED POTATO RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Greek Roasted Potatoes Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
I used a few large russet potatoes for this recipe, that I sliced into spears. Do you have to cut them into spears? No, this is my preference. I tossed my potatoes in olive oil, dried oregano, and salt…that is it. You’d be surprised how much flavor those few ingredients will lend to any recipe! If you want, minced garlic or garlic powder would also be a welcome flavor.
The potatoes will take about 20 minutes to roast, You want a slightly golden color where the edges are slightly crisp, none of the spears should be limp. After you remove the potatoes from the oven hit them with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. That right there is the secret to it all!
A Few Tips About This Greek Roasted Potato Recipe
To ensure an even cook time for your potatoes, be sure to cut them as close to the same size as possible.
Arrange your sliced potatoes in an EVEN layer on an oiled baking sheet. Overlapping potatoes lead to soft potatoes. Use two baking sheets if you are making a larger sized batch.
The potatoes should only need to be turned once during the cook time; do so carefully and gently with a spatula.
- 4 large russet potatoes peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Rinse and peel your russet potatoes and cut into spears.
- In a bowl combine the potatoes, the olive oil, oregano, and salt; toss lightly.
- Arrange the potatoes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the potatoes during the last 5 minutes of bake time.