This oven roasted potatoes recipe is sure to change your potato eating ways!
The potatoes are crispy and garlicky and taste altogether amazing!
This roasted potatoes recipe is incredibly delicious and only requires four ingredients! It doesn’t get better than that! I used red potatoes for this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite potato or whatever you have in your pantry. The one thing to remember is to cut your potatoes into even-sized pieces; this will help ensure that all the chunks cook evenly. Toss your potatoes with hummus and seasonings and bake! This side dish is so simple and easy that you’ll wonder why you hadn’t thought of it sooner!
Why Use Hummus for Roasted Potatoes
If you already love and enjoy hummus then you are definitely going to enjoy this recipe as well. The hummus forms a crust during the roasting process that makes these potatoes nice and crisp. The garlic from the hummus intensifies when the heat hits it and the Greek seasoning blends in nicely. Grab them while they are hot because this recipe is simply fantastic, especially when the potatoes are still hot and warm from the oven!
- Red potatoes
- Roasted garlic-flavored hummus
- Greek seasoning
- Olive oil
How to Make Hummus Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut your washed potatoes into quarter-sized pieces and place them into a bowl.
- Toss together with the hummus and seasoning, turning to coat evenly.
- Arrange the potatoes into an even layer on your prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and roast for 35 minutes, turning once about midway to brown evenly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
What kind of hummus should I use?
You can use any flavor of hummus that you prefer. I used Sabra brand garlic flavored but there are so many different hummus flavors on the market that any of them could be used so grab whichever one you think would taste best.
Can I make this recipe using homemade hummus instead?
Yes, if you want to use homemade you will need 1 cup’s worth of it to replace the 10-ounce container of storebought hummus. Check out our hummus recipes below for some great ideas!
How long are hummus roasted potatoes good for?
These potatoes can be kept stored in the fridge for 4-5 days in an airtight container. For best tasting results reheat them in the oven on a baking sheet until warmed through so that they can crisp up a bit as they warm up. These potatoes are best when crisp.
Here are some hummus recipes you’re going to love! Try them soon!
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1 10 oz container roasted garlic flavored hummus (I used Sabra)
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- drizzle olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into even quarters. In a bowl, toss potatoes with hummus and seasoning, turning to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Place potatoes in the oven and roast for 35 minutes, turning once.
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 319mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 6g