Crispy baked potatoes get topped with hummus, beans, chicken, veggies, and cheese to make loaded Irish Nachos! Snacking will never be the same!
Back in the day when my metabolism was on fire, I would go to the gym, run 4 or 5 miles on the treadmill then go home and make a giant tray of loaded nachos. Can you say counterproductive? It’s like my depleted body needed salty tortilla chips and gooey, melted cheese to refuel itself!
One look at this Bruschetta Dip or these Cheese Filled Egg Rolls and you will see I love my hot, melted cheese! But the truth is you don’t always need a cheese-filled appetizer to please a crowd! But what you do need is something that tastes amazing!
These loaded Irish Nachos certainly beat any of my past nacho creations! These nachos are a little different in terms of ingredients, plus they are so much better for you! Irish nachos start with thinly sliced potatoes that are lightly seasoned and then baked until crisp. I arranged my baked potato slices in a deep cast iron skillet (although a baking sheet or serving plate would work as well). I then combined Sabra’s Classic Hummus with one chipotle pepper and spread this mixture on my potatoes. Black beans, rotisserie chicken are piled on next along with crumbled Queso Blanco cheese and a handful of mixed greens get piled in the center. Sabra’s Farmers Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip and guacamole are served on the side.
I wish you could reach in and taste these Irish nachos because me just sitting here describing them to you does not do them justice. The kicked up hummus almost melts onto the warm potatoes while the creamy cheese and crisp lettuce cool it all down. The ranch yogurt dip and the guacamole add a nice blend of seasoning and taste to each bite! These Irish nachos are more like a meal than a snack! Game day food has just been taken to a whole new level!
Loaded Irish Nachos
Crispy baked potato slices are loaded up with hummus, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, and cheese!
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 10 oz container Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1 small Roma tomato,diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Queso Blanco cheese
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Clean potatoes and slice each potato into thin rounds. Toss rounds with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Bake potatoes for 30 minutes, turning over halfway through cook time. Cook potatoes until golden brown. Remove the potatoes from the oven and arrange them in a cast iron skillet, baking sheet or serving plate.
- Combine hummus with chipotle pepper. Spread hummus mixture over potatoes. Top hummus with black beans, chicken and tomatoes. Place greens in the center of nachos and sprinkle nachos with cheese.
- Serve nachos with Sabra Classic Guacamole and Sabra Farmers Ranch Greek yogurt dip.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 489kcal Calories from fat 199|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||40%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Love to munch? If you love dips like hummus as much as I do, then you will love Sabra’s Buy, Snap, Score promotion. It’s easy to enter! Buy 2 Sabra products along with 2 bags of Stacy’s Pita Chips before 2/15/16 and score a $5 gift card. Details and instructions to enter can be found at dipzone.com – happy snacking!
*I am thrilled to be working with Sabra as one of their Tastemakers. As always, all of my opinions are my own.*