These loaded nachos add a little Brazillian flair to a favorite appetizer. Seasoned meats, mozzarella cheese, jalapenos, and avocados are piled on along with a super easy chimichurri sauce!
Thank you to Meijer for sponsoring this original recipe.
I have always loved watching the big world-wide athletic games. It doesn’t matter if they are summer or winter games, I get excited about both. As a kid, I would check the paper’s tv schedule to find out what events were taking place. Then I would plop myself down in front of the tv until coverage ended. I was never an athlete myself, but those athletes that competed were always awe-inspiring.
This year, it’s my 12-year-old daughter who will be most excited. She is a competitive gymnast. Her room is filled with tumbling quotes and pictures of her favorite gymnasts, who are her idols. My daughter lives, eats and breathes gymnastics. She understands the love and the dedication these athletes have for this sport. She will devote her nights to watch the women compete for gold. While the competing for gold is probably not in my daughter’s future, these games are proof that with dedication, hard work, passion, and discipline, anything is possible.
I’ll, of course, join my daughter each night in front of the tv, cheering for Team USA. I’ll make us a huge tray of loaded nachos. I’ve made chicken nachos before, but these nachos are no ordinary appetizer. This flavorful munchy is inspired by the location of this year’s summer games: Brazil!
I spiced up diced chicken and pork and cooked them until browned and fragrant. I placed both meats on True Goodness Chips from Meijer and added creamy mozzarella and crumbled queso Blanco cheese. I broiled this in the oven for 5 minutes or just until bubbly and then I hit it with spicy jalapenos, cool avocados, and a simple, homemade chimichurri sauce.
The chimichurri sauce is adapted from my chimichurri guacamole. Fresh parsley and cilantro are processed together along with olive oil, lime, oregano, and red wine vinegar. All the textures and flavors of these Brazillian nachos will add ambiance while watching this year’s summer games.
Meijer has everything you need to bring your family together during the games in Rio. Let’s celebrate the important things in our lives that lead us to victory. After all, gold is about more than a medal.
- 1 cup chicken (Meijer's True Goodness), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup pork loin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz queso blanco
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 bag Meijer's True Goodness Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 bag Meijer's True Goodness Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Cut chicken and pork into bite sized pieces. Place the meat in a bowl and toss
- together with the olive oil, salt, garlic, cumin, and paprika. Add mixture to warm
- skillet. Cook chicken and pork for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove
- the chicken and pork from the skillet and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chimichurri in a food processor. Process until
- well blended. Add more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Place yellow and blue tortilla chips on an ovenproof pan or skillet. Top the chips with
- pork, chicken, mozzarella and queso Blanco. Place nachos under a broiler that has been
- preheated to low. Heat for 3-5 minutes; or until cheese has melted and bubbly.
- Remove the nachos from the oven. Drizzle chimichurri over the nachos. Place avocado
- and sliced jalapeno in the center serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 746Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 87mgSodium 747mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 5gSugar 1gProtein 31g