These steak nachos are piled high with nothing but good stuff! Chips, cheese, veggies, and beans make these steak nachos a game day (or dinner time) great! Snack food never tasted so good!
I do love cooking for my family, they are excellent guinea pigs! I love trying out new pasta recipes, seafood recipes, and of course desserts! But my favorite thing to do is test out a new appetizer recipe and call it dinner!
These steak nachos are a perfect stand-in for an ordinary main course. They are sturdy, protein-packed, veggie laden, cheesy, and filling!
What Do I Need To Make These Steak Nachos?
Flat Iron Steak – I like using flat iron steak for my recipes. It usually has a fair amount of marbling which means it has lots of flavor and can be quite tender. If flat iron steak is not available, try to find a skirt steak or a flank steak.
Spices– I seasoned my beef with ancho chile powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder salt, and a touch of brown sugar.
Bell Peppers – The more color the better!
Yellow Onion – Diced
Pinto Beans – Rinsed and drained
How Do I Make Fajita Steak Nachos?
To begin, combine the spices in a bowl and rub the mixture over the steak.
Place the steak on a broiler pan and broil on low for 8 minutes, turn and continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 8-10 minutes.
When ready, cut into bite-sized pieces.
Meanwhile, spray a skillet with non-stick spray and sautee diced peppers and onions until soft.
Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Layer beans, sauteed peppers and onions, steak pieces, and cheese.
Place the nachos under the broiler for a couple of minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Serve nachos with sour cream, salsa, and this easy guacamole recipe if desired
Tips and Fajita Steak Nacho Tips
- If you want to keep things simple, feel free to use a taco seasoning mix to coat the steak. I would not use a whole packet, however, as they tend to be loaded with sodium.
- Anything goes as far as toppings despite the “fajita” title. Nachos can handle a variety of toppings. You can add corn, jalapenos, poblano peppers, red onions, and portabello mushrooms.
- Black beans would make a great substitute for the pinto beans.
- Jack cheese or pepper jack cheese along with queso fresco can be used in place of or in addition to the cheddar cheese.
As with all nacho recipes, these steak nachos are best when consumed right away. The steak itself can be reserved for another day, but the cheesy chips will not last more than one day.
Fajita steak nachos are so easy to make and assemble. They make great party food or game day food, but honestly, they were such a welcome meal for the family. They were fun, delicious, and a great way to change up our weeknight menu!
More Nacho Recipes
More Steak Recipes
- 1 lb flat iron steak
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅓ cup each diced red, yellow, and orange bell peppers
- ⅓ diced yellow onion
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Combine the spices in a bowl and rub the mix over the steak.
- Place the steak on a broiler pan and broil on low for 8 minutes, turn and continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 8-10 minutes.
- When ready, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with non=stick spray and sautee diced peppers until soft.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Layer beans, sauteed peppers, steak pieces, and cheese.
- Place the nachos under the broiler for a couple of minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve nachos with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole if desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wusthof 4582-7/16 CLASSIC Cook's Knife, 6-Inch, Black
Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove (3-Piece Set) - Best Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Anti Microbial Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 238Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 61mgSodium 337mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 20g