White chicken lasagna is a skillet meal that can’t be beaten! A creamy white sauce envelopes wide and curvy egg noodles.
Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese make the sauce extra rich and creamy while mushrooms and fresh spinach give this dish a vitamin boost!
This skillet version of white chicken lasagna is also a great meal for those busy evenings. One of the best things about this recipe is how streamlined it is. To save time; I boiled my egg noodles in milk instead of water, and I used a rotisserie chicken to keep things simple. I added spinach just before serving to keep things fresh and vitamin-packed!
White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
From the made from scratch sauce to the nutritional benefits, this skillet chicken lasagna recipe is one you’re going to want to feed the kids and it’s one they’re going to love to eat making this easy chicken skillet lasagna an instant favorite. Make this meal as often as you want because it’s not just good tasting but also pretty good for you too.
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Sliced mushrooms
- Wide egg noodles
- Whole milk
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Rotisserie chicken
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh spinach
How to Make Skillet White Chicken Lasagna
- In a deep skillet over medium heat add your onions and oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Stir in the garlic for 1 minute.
- Remove the mushroom mixture and set it aside.
- Add in the whole milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once the milk is boiling, add in the egg noodles. Reduce the heat.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions, stirring often to prevent the milk from spilling over or from scorching.
- Continue to cook the noodles until the liquid has been reduced and is thickening.
- In another bowl combine the yogurt, seasonings, and parmesan cheese. Stir together until combined.
- Add the mushroom mixture and the chicken to the pasta. Cook for another minute or until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Remove the pasta from the heat and stir in spinach.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
How long are white chicken lasagna leftovers good for?
This recipe can be kept stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 or5 days. I recommend reheating again before serving. Alternatively, you can keep it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months before thawing and reheating.
What goes with white chicken lasagna?
This recipe would be a perfect dish to pair with simple side dishes like garlic bread, breadsticks, or a simple side salad. Even a Greek Caesar Salad would be a nice combination on your plate.
Can I use alfredo sauce instead of making my own?
Yes, if you want to cut down on time and effort and don’t really care so much about the nutritional benefits then go right ahead and use your favorite alfredo sauce in the place of the homemade sauce we create here.
For more easy skillet meals and recipes check out these great suggestions!
- Philly Cheesesteak Skillet Meal
- Easy Greek Gyro Skillet
- Raspberry Amaretto Cheesecake Skillet Blondie
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Skillet Maple Irish Soda Bread
- Skillet Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 16 oz package wide egg noodles
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 32 oz container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- In a deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes or just until they begin to turn translucent; stir in mushrooms. Cook another3-5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to soften, stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove mushroom mixture and set aside.
- Add whole milk (whole milk works, as it combines with the starch from the pasta to make a creamy sauce) and chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Once the milk begins to boil add egg noodles. Reduce heat. Cook egg noodles according to package directions, stirring often to prevent milk from spilling over or from scorching.
- Continue to cook noodles until liquid has been reduced and the milk begins to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, stir the together the yogurt, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Stir yogurt into the pasta until it is fully combined. Add in mushroom mixture and chicken. Cook for another minute or two or just until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Remove pasta from heat and stir in spinach. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 301Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 84mgSodium 605mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 27g