Need an easy and quick weeknight meal? This tortellini skillet lasagna is for you!
Is This Really A 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna?
Yes, it is, if not less! If you are having or going to have one of those nights where time is of the essence when it comes to getting dinner on the table, then this recipe is totally for you!! You only need a handful of ingredients to make this very family-friendly skillet lasagna recipe!
WHERE IS THE SKILLET LASAGNA RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Skillet Lasagna Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How To Make Skillet Lasagna
STEP ONE – Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
STEP TWO – Add Italian, sausage. Cook sausage until browned and cooked through, crumbling as it cooks.
STEP THREE – Add pasta sauce to the skillet and reduce heat. Stir in tortellini and cook for 5 minutes.
STEP FOUR – In a small bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drop cheese mixture into sauce, cover and cook an additional 3- minutes or until slightly melted. Serve
Skillet Lasagna Recipe Tips
- This is a versatile recipe and there are substitutions that can be made.
- Feel free swap out the meat used in this recipe. Ground beef, ground turkey or chicken would be great in this recipe, but it can also be served without any meat at all.
- This recipe calls for cheese-filled tortellini, but any time of tortellini will do. You could even use ravioli in this recipe.
- Tortellini not your favorite? Use bowtie pasta, egg noodles, campanelle, or any other curly pasta.
- The dish would be great with the addition of vegetables like zucchini or spinach.
- Cottage cheese can be used in place of ricotta cheese.
The method for this skillet lasagna is easy but the flavor is big! Your family is going to love it1
What To Serve With Skillet Lasagna?
This is a pretty filling dish, so you don’t need much on the side. Try serving sauteed veggies on the side or a simple spinach salad on the side!
- 1 lb turkey Italian sausage
- 1 24 oz jar of Marinara
- 1 19 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 egg
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage until browned and cooked through. Add sauce and reduce heat. Add tortellini and cook 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Drop cheese mixture into sauce, cover and cook an additional 3- minutes or until slightly melted. Serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 674Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 181mgSodium 1806mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 46g