This crockpot lasagna is a simple way to get dinner on the table! Lasagna is a family favorite, but it can take some time to prepare, but you can save time and energy by using your trusted and beloved crockpot!
Lasagna is one of my favorite foods! It is always comforting, satisfying and so…well, yummy. My problem with lasagna is the time it takes to prepare.
One of my favorite things to do with this blog is to take time-consuming recipes that I love and condense them into simpler recipes with fewer steps.
A good example of this would be this Stove Top Pastitsio. This Greek ‘lasagna” is traditionally quite labor-intensive, but now I can have it on the table in under 30 minutes!
What Is Crockpot Lasagna?
Crockpot lasagna is not different than any other lasagna recipe! You will still find layers of meat sauce, cheese, and pasta but instead of arranging your lasagna in a baking dish, it is layered right in your crockpot! Its a fix it and forget it kind of meal!
What Do You Need To Make Crockpot Lasagna?
Lasagna Noodles (no-boil is fine)
Italian Sausage – Bulk or removed from casing
Pepperoni – Sliced
Pasta Sauce – Use this homemade marinara recipe
Plain Greek Yogurt
Grated Parmesan Cheese
How Do I Make Crockpot Lasagna?
- To begin, par-boil noodles per package instructions unless you are using no-bake noodles.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown Italian sausage, crumbling as you cook. Stir in sliced pepperoni.
- Stir in pasta sauce and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, grated Parmesan, Greek yogurt, and an egg, stir until combined.
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Pour ½ cup meat mixture in the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread a ¼ of the cheese mixture over noodles, followed by ¼ of the sauce.
- Repeat layers ending with the sauce. Top lasagna with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Tips on Making Crockpot Lasagna
- Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese can be used in place of Greek yogurt
- Season cheese mixture with onion and garlic as well as Italian seasoning
- Ground beef, ground pork and any mixture of meat can be used in this recipe
- Leftover Slow Cooker Meat Sauce can be used in place of the meat and the spaghetti sauce
- If you use no-boil noodles, make sure that you cover the noodles with sauce completely once in the crockpot so that the noodles cook completely.
Other Fillings For Crockpot Lasagna:
How To Store This Crockpot Lasagna
This lasagna tastes amazing the longer it sits! Place any leftovers in an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To reheat the lasagna, either cover and reheat in a microwave-safe plate. Alternatively, you can place lasagna slices in a baking dish and heat for 15-20 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
Can I Make This Lasagna Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! To make short work of this recipe, brown the meat in advance or make the meaty marina recipe mentioned above (which freeze great by the way).
You can also combine the egg, yogurt and cheese mixture in an airtight container and place it in the fridge until needed.
When ready, assemble the lasagna as per directed and cook for 2 hours.
You can also prepare the entire lasagna in the bowl of your slow cooker, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When needed place the bowl in your slow cooker and cook for 2-3 hours or until the noodles have cooked completely.
What To Serve With Crockpot Lasagna
More Crockpot Recipes:
- 1 16 oz package lasagna noodles (no-bake is fine)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 24 oz Pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Parboil noodles per package instructions (unless using no-bake).
- In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage over medium high heat. Stir in pepperoni. Brown meat completely.
- Stir in pasta sauce and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan, Greek yogurt, and egg.
- Pour ½ cup meat mixture in the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread a ¼ of the cheese mixture over noodles, followed by ¼ of the sauce. Repeat layers ending with the sauce.
- Top lasagna with the remainig 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 630Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 114mgSodium 1665mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 36g