This crockpot pizza lasagna is a simple way to get dinner on the table! Lasagna and Pizzas are both family favorites, but you can save time and energy by using your trusted and beloved crockpot to combine both into one comforting meal!
This flavorful dinner only takes a few minutes of prep work making it ideal for those busy schedules and lazy days. It’s packed with meats, cheese, flavors, and sauce so of course you already know it’s going to be good. The hardest part of this entire meal is waiting for it to finish cooking because, after an hour in the slow cooker, this crockpot pasta recipe is going to smell so incredible you’re tummies will be ready to dig in!
What Is Crockpot Lasagna?
Crockpot lasagna is not different than any other lasagna recipe! You will still find layers of meat sauce, cheese, and pasta but instead of arranging your lasagna in a baking dish, it is layered right in your crockpot! This crockpot lasagna recipe uses sliced pepperoni, pasta sauce, and blended cheeses to make a mouthwatering dish with very little prep work. It’s a fix it and forget it kind of meal. Perfect for those busy and hectic days!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Lasagna Noodles (no-boil is fine)
- Italian Sausage – Bulk or removed from casing
- Pepperoni – Sliced
- Pasta Sauce – Use this homemade marinara recipe or use your favorite brand of storebought sauce
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
For the exact measurements needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Crockpot Lasagna
- To begin, par-boil noodles per package instructions unless you are using no-bake noodles.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown Italian sausage, crumbling as you cook. Stir in sliced pepperoni.
- Stir in pasta sauce and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, grated Parmesan, Greek yogurt, and an egg, stir until combined.
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Pour ½ cup meat mixture into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread a ¼ of the cheese mixture over noodles, followed by ¼ of the sauce.
- Repeat layers ending with the sauce.
- Top lasagna with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Using leftovers? Leftover Slow Cooker Meat Sauce or Ragu Sauce can be used in place of the meat and the spaghetti sauce.
- Noodles. If you use no-boil noodles, make sure that you cover the noodles with sauce completely once in the crockpot so that the noodles cook completely.
- Seasonings. Season cheese mixture with onion and garlic as well as Italian seasoning.
- Storage. This lasagna tastes amazing the longer it sits! Place any leftovers in an airtight container and place them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheating. To reheat the lasagna, either cover and reheat in a microwave-safe plate. Alternatively, you can place lasagna slices in a baking dish and heat for 15-20 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Cheeses. Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese can be used in place of Greek yogurt.
- Meats. Ground beef, ground pork, and any mixture of meat can be used in this recipe.
You can change up the taste by adding in some fun flavored veggies. Some great filling ideas include:
Can I Make This Lasagna Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! To make short work of this recipe, brown the meat in advance or make the meaty marina recipe mentioned above (which freeze great by the way).
You can also combine the egg, yogurt, and cheese mixture in an airtight container and place it in the fridge until needed. When ready, assemble the lasagna as directed and cook for 2 hours.
You can also prepare the entire lasagna in the bowl of your slow cooker, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it. When needed place the bowl in your slow cooker and cook for 2-3 hours or until the noodles have cooked completely.
Can I Make Crockpot Lasagna with No-Boil Noodles?
If you have oven-ready noodles on hand then you can use them just fine in this recipe. Use exactly as you would the regular lasagna noodles and you should be good to go. Just make sure that the dry noodles are completely covered in the sauce so that there is enough moisture for them to draw from as they cook and soften. If any part of the noodles is not under enough sauce the end result could be a bite of crunchy noodles.
Is it Okay to Make Crockpot Lasagna with Broken Noodles?
Yes, if you’re unfortunate enough to get a box of broken noodles (been there-done that) don’t worry! You can still piece them together well enough as you layer the lasagna in your slow cooker. You may even be able to fit more pieces of noodle into the dish thanks to their smaller and more unique size. Just make sure to keep them well covered by the pasta sauce.
What To Serve With Crockpot Lasagna
If you’re looking for great side dishes to try I recommend this Lemony Kale Salad or this Easy Spinach Salad. Of course sticking with the classic Italian side dishes like Garlic bread, garlic knots, or dinner rolls also can work as great sides for this easy recipe!
For more pizza recipes check out these suggestions:
- Pizza Burger
- Pizza Pasta
- Easy Crockpot Pizza Lasagna
- Pickle Pizza
- Jumbo Pizza Pigs in a Blanket
- Spicy Italian Pizza
- 1 16 oz package lasagna noodles (no-bake is fine)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 24 oz Pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Parboil noodles per package instructions (unless using no-bake).
- In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage over medium high heat. Stir in pepperoni. Brown meat completely.
- Stir in pasta sauce and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan, Greek yogurt, and egg.
- Pour ½ cup meat mixture in the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread a ¼ of the cheese mixture over noodles, followed by ¼ of the sauce. Repeat layers ending with the sauce.
- Top lasagna with the remainig 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories 630Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 114mgSodium 1665mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 36g