Tired of the same old pizza toppings? I think it’s time you got adventurous and tired this super tasty pickle pizza! Dill pickles and bacon make this pizza mouth-watering and memorable!
Pizza is one of those foods where we get in a comfort zone and stay there. It doesn’t matter if you order pizza, go out to eat pizza or make it at home; you eat pizza with the same toppings and that is that.
There is NOTHING with eating pizza the same old way. But why not get a little adventurous with your pizza? You’d be surprised how certain toppings can totally transform your pie experience!
Take this pickle pizza, you might be thinking “what? Pickles on pizza?”. I know it sounds different, but trust me on this, it tastes amazing!
What Is Pickle Pizza?
This pizza takes your favorite crust and tops it with lots of sliced dill pickles! From here you can add almost anything!
I find that crumbled bacon makes a nice addition to the dilly pickle slices and you have to sprinkle a little fresh dill to bring it all together.
How Do You Make Pickle Pizza?
While I am usually up for making homemade food, pizza crust is one of those things that I am totally ok with buying premade.
I have a frozen brand at my local grocery store that I find is just as good as any homemade recipes I have tried. If you have a great recipe for pizza crust, then, by all means, use that, But know that you can use any crust for this recipe,
Roll your pizza crust to fit a pizza pan, baking sheet or a pizza stone.
Spread olive oil over your pizza dough and sprinkle on minced garlic.
Sprinkle your pizza with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Arrange sliced dill pickles over your pizza. I like to use the deli-style or specialty pickle slices and not the brand name pickles slices or the type of slices you use for hamburgers. These pickle slices have a more natural look and tend to be a little thicker.
Sprinkle crumbled cooked bacon over your pickles then sprinkle on dill flavored Havarti cheese (grated and optional).
The pizza will take about 25 minutes to bake or until the crust is golden brown.
Hit the pizza with a little fresh dill just before serving.
What Else Goes On A Pickle Pizza?
Because dill pickles can have a strong flavor, I don’t suggest loading this pizza up with too many toppings.
Here are a few ways to change up this pizza:
- Instead of olive oil, use ranch dressing or alfredo sauce
- Use mozzarella cheese
- Use pancetta, ham, or soppressata instead of bacon
- Add feta or goat cheese
- Add diced bell peppers, shallots or onions
- Sprinkle the pizza with Italian seasoning
More Pizza Ideas
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup dill flavored Havarti
- 1 cup deli-sliced dill pickles
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- Fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray your baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Arrange your pizza dough over your prepared pan.
- Drizzle pizza dough with olive oil and add garlic, spread over the crust.
- Cover the crust with cheese, pickle slices, and crumbled bacon.
- Bake pizza for 20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese has melted
- Sprinkle fresh dill over the pizza before serving
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 12mgSodium 200mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 4g