Baked pickle chips – Skip the calories but not the flavor! These oven-baked pickle chips are a fun and light appetizer!
Gameday snacks that are flavorful AND figure friendly!
How To Make Breaded Pickle Chips
Pickle chips are one of my FAVORITE restaurant appetizers!! If they are on any menu, you can be sure I will order them. Breaded pickle chips are insanely good, probably because they are fried. Like many of us, I try to avoid eating fried food whenever possible. These breaded pickle chips are a fantastic substitute for fried pickles. They have the same flavor and crunch but without all the fat!
This recipe is so simple, you are going to love it! You will want to start off by toasting Panko bread crumbs in a skillet. Panko bread crumbs are Japanese style bread crumbs that are lighter in color than traditional bread crumbs, but they tend to be denser. You could use any breadcrumb really, but Panko has a way of crisping up in just the right way.
Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl, flour in another bowl and egg whites in a third. Dip your favorite dill pickle chip into the flour, followed by the egg white (allowing the excess to drip) and then coat the pickles in the panko. Arrange your pickles on a greased baking sheet. Repeat this process for all your pickles. Be sure to keep your breaded pickles in a single layer on your baking sheet. This will ensure that all the pickles crisp up and that they all bake at the same rate.
How To Serve Baked Pickle Chips
I like to serve these baked pickle chips with a side of Ranch dressing, although any dressing will do! Can you reheat baked pickle chips? Yes, you can, although the texture might change slightly. Once again place the pickle chips in a single layer on a baking sheet and reheat for 5-10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 32 low sodium kosher dill pickle chips.
- Preheat oven to 400. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add panko and cook until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes-stirring continually.
- Place panko in a bowl. Place flour in a second bowl and egg whites in a third bowl. Pat pickle chips dry. Dip pickles in flour, then egg whites and lastly into the panko crumbs. Arrange pickles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes on each side or until crisp.
Nutrition InformationYield 32 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 10 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 18mg Carbohydrates 2g Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 1g