Imagine sipping on a blended beverage that is made with Kahlua, ice cream and a touch of Irish cream! That is exactly what you get with this super quick and easy mudslide drink! It is like the ultimate boozy milkshake!
Don’t worry, I have the perfect Mudslide Hot Chocolate to keep you warm in the cold months!
When summer rolls around, I generally like cocktails like this Rum Punch Recipe and this Vanilla Sky Vodka Cocktail, because they are light, sweet and fruity. But every once in a while, something ice cold becomes a necessity. Something boozy and ice cold is certainly a bonus!
What Is A Mudslide Drink
A mudslide drink is a combination of Kahlua liquor, vodka, and Irish Cream. It can be served blended or frozen with ice cream.
Where Does The Mudslide Come From?
The original mudslide cocktail originated from The Wreck bar on the Cayman Islands. The restaurant was a chain restaurant and the original cocktail came in a small bottle rather than mixed at the bar. But it was popular enough for staying power, and now it has evolved into a summertime classic!
How To Make A Mudslide Drink
For this recipe, I used equal parts Kahlua and equal parts vodka along with vanilla ice cream and Bailey’s Irish Cream. The thing to note is this isn’t as much a recipe as it is a guideline on how to construct the perfect mudslide. You can adjust the quantities and adjust the taste based on your preferences.
What I have just listed is the outline for a traditional frozen mudslide. To adapt this recipe:
- Use a chocolate ice cream or even a mint chocolate chip ice cream or peppermint (Then you can try this Peppermint Mocha Mudslide)
- Add coffee or coffee ice cubes (similar to this Mocha Milkshake)
- Replace the vodka with bourbon
- Use flavored vodka
- Omit the ice cream and add heavy cream and ice
- Add chocolate chips
- Use flavored Irish Cream Liqueur or flavored Kahlua
- Add chocolate liqueur
To assemble this frozen cocktail, place all the ingredients in a blender and process until combined. Adjust the quantities as you see fit. Add crushed ice if desired.
Swirl chocolate sauce into a tall glass (a hurricane glass is popular), add your boozy ice cream mixture. Garnish with whipped cream and more chocolate syrup or with chocolate shavings.
Mudslide Vs White Russian
A mudslide and a white Russian are very similar in flavor. Both use Kahlua and Vodka as well as some sort of diary. The big difference would be the addition of the Irish cream.
More Ways With Kahlua
This frozen mudslide is too good to pass up, it comes together in minutes and it always satisfies!
Connect with Lemons for Lulu!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #lemonsforlulu! I would love to see your talents!
I have a group dedicated to food and you! Check out my group page on join in on the fun! This is where you can ask questions, share recipes, connect with others and see more of Lemons for Lulu. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 part Kahlúa
- 1 part Vodka
- 1/2 part Irish cream liqueur
- 1 part vanilla ice cream
- In a blender add ice, Kahlúa, vodka, cream and ice cream and blend. Rim the inside of your glass with chocolate syrup and pour into a hurricane glass
- Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 48 oz. Container, Black
- OXO Good Grips Solid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop
- VEHHE Metal Straws Stainless Steel Straws Drinking Straws Reusable FDA BPA - 10.5" Ultra Long 4 + 1 - W/Cleaning Brush for 20/30 Oz for Yeti RTIC SIC Ozark Trail Tumblers (2 Straight|2 Bent|1 Brush)
- Epure Venezia Collection 4 Piece Glassware Set (Pina Colada (15.5 oz))
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 662 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 58mg Sodium 111mg Carbohydrates 58g Fiber 1g Sugar 55g Protein 5g