Knowing how to make iced coffee pudding pops is easier than you think! Especially pudding pops with a hint of Kahlúa!
This post was sponsored by Kahlúa. All opinions are my own. It’s an honor partnering to bring you delicious recipes!
Whatever happened to pudding pops? This question has been plaguing me for years. It seemed as though one minute I was eating chocolate and vanilla swirled pudding pops and the next minute they were no where to be found. Why? Why were they so abruptly yanked off the shelves?
Pudding pops were so incredibly creamy. They were the perfect blend of ice cream and thick, rich pudding. The best part was that they didn’t melt as quickly as other popsicles! I would work on one pudding pop forever!! Because they weren’t as melty as other popsicles, they didn’t end up dripping on my shirt. I really loved pudding pops.
Pudding pops may have disappeared from the store shelves, but not from my kitchen! Thankfully I was able to recreate my frosty throwback fairly easily. Since summer is the time for cool treats and fun cocktails, I thought a pudding pop would be the perfect way to combine the two! After checking out the Kahlúa website for ways to shake up summer, I stumbled upon a Kahlúa Cafe Con Leche Cocktail. I knew in an instant I’d be enjoying all those flavors in my frozen pudding pop! Espresso, Kahlúa, and milk.. perfect!
These iced coffee inspired pudding pops taste outstanding! They are exceptionally creamy, with a subtle kick of espresso and Kahlúa liqeuer permeating the background. These pudding pops are essential for surviving the sultry heat of summer! Good friends, good times, and good pudding pops! That’s how to shake up summer!
Want to shake up how you entertain this summer? Enter below for a chance to win a summer picnic basket which will include a cooler, a Kahlua tumbler, a martini glass, and a cocktail card with all of Kahlua’s signature summer cocktails!
Summer is about to get fun! Throw in a few iced coffee pudding pops and you have a party!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 2 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup brewed, chilled coffee
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa liqueur
- Place sugar, pinch of salt and 1 ¾ cup half and half in a sauce pan set over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- In a small bowl combine ½ cup half and half and sprinkle the gelatin over top (do not stir). Let set for about 3 minutes.
- Place egg yolks in a heat safe bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Remove the half and half mixture from heat and slowly pour half the mixture into the eggs whisking constantly. Pour the egg mixture back into the sauce pan. Add gelatin mixture. Cook over low heat. Stir in butter and whisk constantly until the butter melts and the gelatin has dissolved and a candy thermometer register 160 degrees. This should take 5-7 minutes. Do not boil or over heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to extract any lumps. Stir in coffee and Kahlúa. Pour mixture into 8 popsicle molds. Freeze for 1 hour. Place Popsicle sticks into the centers and continue to freeze until completely set, about 3 hours.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 popsicle
Amount Per ServingCalories 194 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 104mg Sodium 98mg Carbohydrates 13g Fiber 0g Sugar 13g Protein 4g