A simple salad with black beans, garbanzo beans, corn and edamame!
Three bean salad takes on a whole new meaning!
You’re going to love this salad with black beans and edamame. Every bite is refreshing and filling making it perfect for hot summer days when you want a simple side dish to bring to the next BBQ. This cold edamame salad recipe is perfect for sharing with friends and family as much as it makes a simple side dish it can also be a great meatless meal option too!
Bean Salad with Edamame
This salad with black bean and edamame is tossed with a dressing made with olive oil, lime juice and a hint of cumin. It really couldn’t be simpler and the taste is so lively and fresh. This salad was made with canned beans making it much easier and much faster to assemble. I’m all for making my life easier without sacrificing flavor or nutrition. I find a well-stocked pantry – or “cantry” – helps me make hearty, flavorful, nutritious meals I can feel good about.
- Cooked edamame
- Black beans
- Garbanzo beans
- Yellow pepper
- Orange bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Garlic clove
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Salad with Black Beans and Edamame
- In a bowl, combine the beans with corn, peppers, onions, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the oil, juice, cumin, garlic, and salt. stir together with a whisk.
- Pour the sauce over the corn bean mixture and stir together to combine.
- Place the bowl into the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
How long is black bean corn edamame salad good for?
This salad can be kept for up to 3 or 4 days in a well-covered container in the fridge. This should give you plenty of time to enjoy those leftovers.
What can I use instead of cilantro?
Not everyone likes cilantro and I totally understand. If you don’t wish to use cilantro you can simply swap it out for some fresh basil instead. the flavors will be different but the salad should still taste great.
Can I make this edamame bean salad recipe in advance?
Yes, make this salad at least a few hours before serving and it will give the salad a longer time to soak in the flavors and really get the best taste out of this dish.
Looking for more salad recipes to try soon? Check out these tasty suggestions!
- Black Bean, Corn, and Avocado Salad
- Spinach and Pesto Orzo Salad
- Spring Salad Recipe
- Southwest Cobb Salad
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe with Steak
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki Salad
- 12 oz cooked edamame
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz corn, drained
- 1/2 cup diced yellow popper
- 1/2 diced orange bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl combine all beans, corn, peppers, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine oil, juice, cumin, garlic and salt. Stir with a whisk. Pour over beans and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 315mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 7gSugar 4gProtein 9g