More Greek Dishes For You:
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL!
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD:
Greek Chicken Souvlaki Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs to 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 6 oz container Greek yogurt such as Chobani
- 1/2 seeded, pealed cucumber, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- 1 package Red leaf lettuce (1lb) or your favorite
- 1 4 oz package Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatos, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Garbanzo beans
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks. In a zip top bag, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt. Add chicken. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes prior to cooking. Arrange chicken on each skewer, using about 5-7 pieces per skewer. Heat a grill pan until hot. Cook chicken skewers in batches for 6-8 minutes per side or until chicken is browned.
- Combine yogurt, grated cucumber, olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Divide lettuce among 4 dinner plates. Top with Feta, olives, peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers and garbanzo beans. Place two skewers on each plate. Serve with dressing.
- 4 dinner servings, about 8 skewers total.
- All ingredients can be changed according to your own taste, this is just a guideline.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3432kcal Calories from fat 1838|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 204g||314%|
|Saturated Fat 55g||275%|
|Dietary Fiber 38g||152%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|