You will be blown away by how good this Garlic Parmesan Edamame tastes!
Whether you eat this as a side or snack, you will never want to eat edamame any other way!
This garlic edamame recipe is so good that you’ll never think of eating edamame any other way again! Made in just a few minutes and with a couple of basic ingredients you get a crispy parmesan garlic edamame experience that tastes wonderful with any meal or as a snack. This edamame beans recipe couldn’t be any simpler which is just one of the many reasons why we adore it so much!
What is Edamame?
These are long green pods of young soybeans. They are soybeans that have not fully matured and are then cooked to perfection. We usually find edamame in Asian cooking recipes but they are also great cooked and eaten on their own as a simple side dish or even as a snack. We love eating them in this Salad with Black Beans and Edamame, in this Open Faced Fried Egg Sandwich with Edamame, and in this simple garlic parmesan edamame recipe too!
- Whole edamame pods
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Edamame
- Place your edamame in a microwave-safe bowl and then add water to the bowl to cover the pods.
- Heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or until the pods are slightly tender.
- Immediately plunge them into a bowl of ice water and allow them to rest for 1-2 minutes before draining.
- In another bowl, to your drained edamame with olive oil, salt, garlic, and parmesan. toss well to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can I cook edamame on the stove?
Yes, place your edamame in a pot of simmering water and let cook for just a minute or so until the color brightens and they look crisp and perfect. Then drain the water and follow along with the recipe card as directed.
How long are cooked edamame good for?
You can keep the leftovers from this dish stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat again before serving or enjoy them cold as a nice afternoon snack. Yum!
What to serve with garlic parmesan edamame
Check out these other great vegetable packed recipes!
- Mini Grilled Stuffed Peppers
- Greek Green Beans
- Oven Fried Green Tomatoes
- Balsamic Green Beans
- Hot Melty Broccoli Cheese Dip
- How To Cook Corn On The Cob
- 1 lb whole edamame pods
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Place edamame in a microwave-safe bowl. Add water to bowl and cover. Heat for 3-4 minutes or until pods are slightly tender. Immediately plunge edamame in a bowl if ice water. Allow pods to sit for a minute or two before draining.
- In a bowl, top edamame with olive oil, salt, garlic and Parmesan. Toss to coat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 1mgSodium 198mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 9g