These grilled stuffed peppers are filled with cheese, bacon, and kale. They make for a fun appetizer or tasty side dish!
Grilled and stuffed mini peppers are a delicious appetizer perfect for snacking on all summer long. They start with fresh and crisp mini peppers which are filled with wholesome kale, salty bacon, and creamy, natural Sargento shredded cheese
. A little oyster cracker topping added a nice, buttery coating for each little pepper. By grilling the peppers we help to bring out the natural sweetness in every pepper and melt the cheese so every bite is a beautiful combination of flavors and textures. These mini stuffed peppers exceeded my expectation and I’m sure they will exceed yours as well.
Easy Grilled Peppers
You’re going to love making these cheese-stuffed peppers on the grill. The recipe itself is incredibly easy to throw together and you can even prepare the filling up to a day in advance. Serve this appetizer up the next time you want to impress your guests with some tasty yet simple finger foods. These peppers are great for any occasion during the summer as well as tailgates and parties.
Ingredients you’ll need for Grilled Stuffed Peppers:
- Sweet mini peppers
- Cream cheese
- Sargento State Cheddar Blend
- Chopped baby kale
- Garlic clove
- Cooked bacon slices
- Oyster crackers
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried basil
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Mini Grilled Stuffed Peppers
- Spray a grill with nonstick cooking spray and preheat it to medium heat (350 degrees F).
- Once the grill has been heated, reduce the heat to low.
- Cut each of the mini peppers in half vertically and then remove the membranes and seeds from the inside by scooping them out.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheese blend, kale, garlic, and bacon until completely mixed.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into each pepper half.
- Chop the oyster crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs appear.
- Combine the crumbs, parmesan cheese, and basil in a bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the peppers.
- Place the peppers onto your preheated grill.
- Grill for about 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted. The peppers should be soft but they should still have a nice bite to them.
- If you don’t want to scoop your filling into your peppers, you can place the ingredients in a large zip top bag. Snip the corner and then pipe the filling into the peppers. The filling will be thick, however.
- The peppers will give a little pop when they hit the grill. Be sure to watch them carefully. You do not want the peppers too soft. You want them to retain a little “bite.”
Can I make stuffed mini peppers in advance?
Yes, you can prepare a platter or tray of these peppers and keep them well covered in the fridge up to a day in advance of grilling them. This is a great way to get them to cook up more quickly before an event.
Should peppers be precooked before stuffing?
If you were making traditional stuffed bell pepper recipes, then yes, but this recipe uses fresh mini peppers and the peppers do not need to be cooked up in advance. The peppers will maintain some crispness and cook up perfectly on the grill at the same time as everything else.
How do you know when stuffed peppers are done?
You will know that these peppers have finished cooking when the filling inside is bubbly and melted and the peppers have a nice grill line but aren’t soggy. You can cook them longer or for less time depending on the texture you desire from this recipe.
More stuffed pepper recipes you’ll love:
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- One Pot Unstuffed Peppers
- Taco Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños
- Southwest Stuffed Peppers
- Italian Stuffed Peppers & with Sausage and Orzo
Mini Grilled Stuffed Peppers
Sweet mini stuffed peppers loaded with cheese, bacon and kale and are grilled to tender perfection.
- 1 lb package sweet mini peppers
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sargento® 4 State Cheddar Blend
- 1 cup chopped baby kale
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Spray your grill grates with non stick spray. Preheat grill over medium heat. Once grill is heated, reduce heat to low.
- Cut each mini pepper in half, scooping all the membranes and seeds.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheese blend, kale, garlic and bacon until completely mixed. Spoon or pipe a tablespoon of filling into each pepper half.
- Chop oyster cracker in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil in a bowl.. Sprinkle cracker mixture over peppers.
- Place peppers on heated grill. Grill pepper for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Peppers should be soft, but still have a little bite to them.
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 17mgSodium 128mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Oh my yes! These are so cute that I want to eat them! Oh wait, I’d want to eat them anyway because they sound so good. The cute part is just like a bonus!