Mildly spicy jalapeno’s are stuffed with two kinds of cheese and wrapped in smokey sweet bacon to make these stuffed jalapeños!
One of my most favorite appetizers to order in a restaurant is stuffed jalapeños.
They meet two of my appetizer requirements: a little heat and melted cheese. The only thing I don’t like about ordering stuffed jalapeños is you never get enough. One sure way to deal with a shortage of jalapeños is to just make your own.
Since I was making these spicy gems in my own kitchen, I knew I had to incorporate my third appetizer requirement which of course is bacon. These peppers are filled with a blend of cream cheese and blue cheese which melt nicely together. I rubbed my bacon pieces with a mixture of smoked paprika and brown sugar. I found the brown sugar blend to be the best way to balance out the spice from the peppers and the tang from the blue cheese. The marriage between the sweet crispy bacon, the tender pepper, and the creamy cheese filling creates an appetizer that is far better than anything you can find in a restaurant! This recipe was easy too. These would be a welcome appetizer at any gathering.
Notes About Stuffed Jalapenos:
I baked these stuffed jalapeños, however, they would work well on the grill. Be sure to grease your grill grates so that the sweetened bacon does not stick.
While I find blue cheese, jalapeños and bacon work nicely together, I realize blue cheese is not for everyone. Monterey Jack cheese, feta, goat cheese or mozzarella would melt nicely with the cream cheese.
I highly advise wearing gloves when handling the peppers. I have rubbed my eyes after touching jalapeños and I’m here to tell you it’s not fun-it burns! Also, be sure to remove all the seeds and the membranes. Most of the heat comes from those seeds.
How To Make Stuffed Jalapenos:
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 large jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet and spray with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and paprika in a small bowl. Rub mixture over each slice of bacon.
- With covered hands, cut each jalapeÃ±o in half. Scrape out seeds and membranes.
- Combine cheeses and garlic in a bowl. Spoon cheese mixture into each jalapeno cavity. Wrap one slice of bacon around each jalapeno.
- Arrange peppers on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minute or until bacon is crispy.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 157 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 34mg Sodium 308mg Carbohydrates 7g Fiber 0g Sugar 5g Protein 6g