Air fryer bacon-wrapped asparagus is an incredibly easy and very tasty side dish or appetizer. These bacon-wrapped asparagus are made in the air fryer and will take little to no time to make.
You’re going to love the bacon-wrapped asparagus air fryer technique. It’s quick, simple, and the results are simply perfect every time. There are no asparagus bundles sitting in their own grease because it drains off the tray keeping the bacon crispy and less greasy than other cooking techniques.
Making air fryer asparagus bacon is truly a simple way to make a presentation at the table. It’s a side dish or appetizer that looks fancy and impressive but it’s only a couple of ingredients and steps to complete.
Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
Bacon-wrapped asparagus is nothing new as it’s been around for a very long time, but making them in an air fryer is a much more modern way to prepare them. With this asparagus wrapped in bacon air fryer recipe, you can enjoy the soft and juicy asparagus and crispy crunchy bacon in every bite.
To top it off we even have a super simple balsamic glaze to serve alongside it for added flavor. This is one high-class feeling recipe that everyone can enjoy.
Ingredients you’ll need for bacon wrapped asparagus:
- Bacon strips
- Olive oil
For the sauce, you will need:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
First, start by prepping the asparagus. Snap off the edges of the asparagus and then discard the wooden-like ends. You can also cut the ends off if you prefer.
Wrap your asparagus with the bacon. You can create small bundles or do 1 or 2 asparagus per bacon strip (your choice).
Place the wrapped asparagus in your air fryer basket and work in batches if needed. do not overcrowd the basket and leave space between all of the bundles so that air can circulate.
Spray a small amount of olive oil over all of them or use a pastry brush to “paint” it over them.
Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
Cook in the air fryer at 365 degrees F for 7-10 minutes. This will depend on how thick your asparagus and bacon are because thicker ones take longer to cook.
While they are cooking, prepare the sauce by whisking together the olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar until well mixed.
Serve asparagus and drizzle with the sauce.
- These bacon-wrapped asparagus are best eaten hot, however, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will keep for up to 4 days.
- The quantities in this recipe are calculated to make bundles of two asparagus and one bacon strip, but if your asparagus is thicker feel free to wrap single asparagus.
- Also, it is possible to use a couple of bacon strips for a meatier ratio.
What does asparagus pair well with?
You can pair this side dish or appetizer recipe with just about anything but it really makes a meal feel fancier when served with seafood like salmon, scallops, or crab cakes.
Do you wash asparagus before roasting?
How to reheat air fried asparagus and bacon
When you are ready to reheat your asparagus just place it into the air fryer basket and cook at the same heat (365F) for about 1 or 2 minutes until warmed through.
How many calories are in bacon-wrapped asparagus?
For this particular recipe, there are 106 calories per serving and 8 servings in total. Please note that you can reduce calories by making healthier choices when selecting your bacon. Uncured bacon is usually a bit healthier than the cured ones thanks to the cooking process but double-checking the nutrition labels is recommended if trying to make healthier selections.
For more delicious bacon-wrapped recipes check out these tasty suggestions:
- Stuffed Jalapeños
- Hot Dogs with Queso
- Roasted Potatoes with Harissa Aioli
- Meatloaf Dinner (Paleo)
- Eye of Round Roast
- 16 Asparagus (as thin or thick as you would like)
- 8 strips of Bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon Honey
- Begin by snapping the end of the asparagus. The end is very fibrous and tough, so it needs to be discarded. For this, you can cut the ends with a knife or snap them.
- Wrap the asparagus with the bacon. You can create small bundles with 2 asparagus and one bacon strip
- Place the wrapped asparagus in the air fryer basket. You might need to work in batches, depending on how big your basket is. Do not overcrowd the basket, you need to leave enough room for the air to circulate and cook evenly the asparagus with the bacon.
- Spray a bit of olive oil all over them. You can also “paint” them with olive oil and a kitchen brush.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Cook for 365 F or 185º C for 7-10 minutes. Depending on how thick your asparagus and bacon are you might need to cook them 10 minutes instead of 7.
- While the asparagus are cooking, prepare the sauce:
- In a mixing bowl add the olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar and whisk well until well mixed. You can do this in a mason jar or crystal jar by placing all the liquids inside, closing well, and shaking for a minute until well combined.
- Serve the asparagus and drizzle with the sauce.