Air fryer cookies are crispy on the outside and gooey soft on the inside, making them as irresistible as they are delicious. Rich chocolate and nuts studded in every cookie make these a rich and indulgent experience you’ll want to relive over and over again.
Making cookies in the air fryer is easier than you may think, and with this recipe, we’re making them from scratch so that they truly taste perfect. These cookies will rock your world. Made in just minutes, you can have a batch of truly scrumptious air fryer chocolate chip cookies ready for a cold glass of milk. Serve them up after dinner as a nice nighttime treat or enjoy them any time you want because they are so easy to prepare.
Cookies in an Air Fryer
Baking cookies in the air fryer isn’t much different than cooking anything else in your air fryer. You will need a piece of parchment paper to rest underneath the cookie dough in air fryer, but that’s about it. After that, you just push some buttons and wait.
The best part is that you can make these cookies without heating up the whole house, and even when working in batches, the air fryer is much faster than an oven because you don’t have to wait for the oven to preheat. This is perfect for when you’re in a hurry or simply having a craving for something sweet.
Ingredients for the Air Fryer Cookies:
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- White flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Toasted nuts and hazelnuts
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Air Fryer Cookies
Mix together the granulated sugar and room temp butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
Add in the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix again to combine.
Add in the flour and baking soda and mix.
Add in nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the inside of your air fryer basket and place it in the basket.
Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out the cookie dough and place it onto the parchment paper.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 7 minutes. Check on it after 5 minutes to see if they are done.
Air Fryer Cookies: Recipe Tips
- Do not overcrowd the basket because the cookies will still need a little space to spread and for the air to circulate around them.
- If your dough is too warm or you worry about the dough spreading too much, you can chill the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes in the fridge before cooking. But you can also store the dough for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Why Use Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar for Cookies
In case you are wondering, we use both white and brown sugar to have thick and puffy cookies with lots of air (thanks to mixing the white sugar with the batter), and by adding brown sugar, we are adding the molasses flavor touch and color and helping the cookies to spread a bit. A perfect combination. In case you only have one of the two, do not worry. Your cookies will turn out perfect too.
Air Fryer Cookies: FAQs
How long is air fryer cookie good for?
These cookies once baked should be kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. I do not recommend storing them in the fridge because the humidity will cause the cookies to lose their crunch.
Can I freeze airfryer cookie?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies after they have cooled and set completely. Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, just grab a cookie and let it come to room temp.
How do I know when air fryer chocolate chip cookies are done?
You will know that your cookies have finished baking when the tops are no longer glossy looking and the edges look set.
For more delicious air fryer recipes, check out these great suggestions:
- Air Fryer Pancakes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Best-Ever Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- 50 Best Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes for Any Occasion
- Incredible Air Fry Carrots
- 35 Keto Air Fryer Recipes For Any Occasion
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ chocolate chips (or more!)
- 1/3 cup toasted nuts and hazelnuts (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the white sugar and the butter (room temperature preferably) with an electric mixer or a whisker, until a soft cream is achieved.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add the white flour and the baking soda and mix either with the whisker or with the rubber spatula (you don’t want to end up covered with flour if using the electric mixer!)
- If adding nuts or hazelnuts (highly suggested! They add a very nice crunch to the cookies), chop them finely.
- Mix the chopped nuts (if using) and the chocolate chips with the batter.
- Cut a piece of oven paper/parchment paper the same size as your Air fryer basket.
- Place the paper inside the basket and scoop the batter using either a cookie scooper or an ice cream scooper.
- Bake in the Air fryer for 325F for 7 minutes. Check the first batch around the 5-minute mark.