Air fryer pancakes are fluffy and soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. The air fryer and pancakes are a match made in heaven because every bite is to die for.
Air fryers are a fantastic newer invention that has revolutionized the cooking process in your kitchen. Meals in minutes and perfectly crisp await you at every turn but if you’ve ever wondered, “Can you make pancakes in an air fryer?” I’m here to tell you that you can. Making air fryer pancakes is incredibly simple and easy and the results are phenomenal as well.
Pancakes in the Air Fryer
Today I’m sharing a recipe for making pancakes in the air fryer- from scratch. This means we use basic common kitchen staples like eggs, flour, baking powder, and sugar to create thick, fluffy stacks of golden goodness. Be warned though because once you try airfryer pancakes you may never go back to cooking them any other way again.
Ingredients you’ll need for Air Fryer Pancakes:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
For the toppings, you may want:
- Powdered sugar
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Air Fryer Pancakes
Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl with a whisk until combined.
In a saucepan heat the butter until it is melted. Remove from heat.
To the flour mixture add the eggs, 2 spoons of butter, and whisk together well.
Reserve one spoon of batter.
Add in the milk and the vanilla extract and mix well until a thick and uniform batter is achieved. The consistency should be thick but runny.
Paint the inside aluminum cups with a bit of melted butter to prevent the pancakes from sticking to them.
Put the cups inside of your air fryer basket.
Fill with pancake batter.
Cook the pancakes for 7 minutes at 365 degrees F. As they turn golden in color they will naturally detach from the cups.
If the pancakes become stuck to the cup, run a knife along the edges to gently detach them.
Use a rubber spatula to release them from the ups. You will not need to flip the pancakes to cook the other side.
Set aside and keep covered until all pancakes have been made.
Serve with butter, powdered sugar, honey, or fresh berries as desired.
- Making pancakes in the air fryer is very easy and convenient, especially if your basked allows you to use more than one cup for each batch. In my case I was able to fit 4 cups in each batch, so making a lot of pancakes was a breeze.
- Also, by making them in the air fryer you need a container, since they cannot be done directly on the air fryer, this helps to have them all the same size and perfectly round.
- Making pancakes in the air fryer gives a nice fluffy and soft interior with a crispy exterior which is very nice.
How long are air fryer pancakes good for?
As with all types of pancakes, are best eaten hot right out of the air fryer, however can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 4 days (although I highly doubt they will last that long)
Can I make these pancakes gluten-free?
Yes, you can make these pancakes with almond flour instead of all-purpose flour to make them gluten-free.
Can you freeze air fryer pancakes?
Yes, you can take your uneaten pancakes and place them into an airtight container and freeze them with a piece of waxed paper between each pancake to prevent sticking. they can freeze this way for up to 3 months. then when you are ready to eat simply grab 2 or 3 pancakes and place them onto a microwave-safe plate and heat for about 30-45 seconds or reheat in the air fryer for about a minute. No plate is needed.
For more delicious pancake recipes check out these breakfast choices:
- Flapjack Recipe
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Bananas Foster Pancakes
- Blueberry Quinoa Pancake Recipe
- Vegan Spinach Pancakes
- Easy Pancakes with Cinnamon and Candied Bacon
- Lemon Ricotta Zucchini Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- A pinch of salt (1/3 of a teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon butter
For the toppings:
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Powdered sugar
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients first and mix well (flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt)
- In a saucepan heat the butter until it melts state.
- Add the eggs and 2 of the spoons and butter and whisk well. Reserve one of the spoons of batter.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix well until a thick and uniform batter is achieved.
- The consistency should be thick but runny.
- Paint the aluminum cups with a bit of melted butter, to prevent the pancakes from sticking to them.
- Put the prepped cups inside the air fryer basket.
- Fill them with the batter.
- Cook the pancakes for 7 minutes on 365 F /185º C. You will notice they get golden brown and naturally detach from the cups.
- If the pancakes are still stuck to the cups, run a knife gently to detach them.
- With a rubber spatula release them from the cups. You will not need to flip them and cook them on the other side.
- Set aside covered until you cook all the pancakes.
- Serve with a dollop of butter, powdered sugar, some honey, and blueberries or strawberries.