Tender and juicy air fryer beyond burgers made in just 10 minutes. Beyond burgers are pretty famous for tasting like a real burger but without any of the beef.
Plant-based and made with veggies, this burger’s texture rivals a meatier one while still giving us a slightly smokey flavor that tastes like it’s fresh off the grill.
What Is In a Beyond Burger?
Beyond burgers are plant-based and made without soy or gluten. It’s an alternative to animal proteins and animal products and one that pleases many vegans and vegetarians based on its versatility.
These patties use simpler ingredients like pea proteins, coconut oil, lemon juice, and more to deliver a patty that not only tastes good but that is good for you too.
The US National Institute for Health even stated that burgers are healthier for you than beef, so if you’re not looking for meatless products and simply looking for a healthier lifestyle change, consider giving these delicious patties a shot.
Making your beyond burger in air fryer is a healthier way to enjoy these patties, thanks to the lack of oils needed.
- Beyond Burger Patties
- Burger Buns
- Olive Oil Spray
Optional Topping Ideas:
- Tomato Slices
- Sliced Onion
- Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo
- Sliced Cheese
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Air Fry a Beyond Burger
Thaw your burger patty so that it is less likely to dry out while cooking.
Spray the inside of your air fryer basket to prevent it from sticking to the patties.
Add your patties to the air fryer basket, working in batches as needed. Do not overcrowd the patties.
Cook for 10 minutes at 392 degrees F, making sure to flip them over halfway through the cooking (after 5 minutes).
Once the patties have been cooked, toast your burger buns in the air fryer for a couple of minutes. This step is optional, but it makes the bread warmer and crispier.
Do this by placing the bun’s sliced side facing down so that they can absorb the leftover patty flavors.
Serve the burgers with a slice or two of tomato, fresh lettuce, sliced pickles, sliced onion, and some sliced vegan cheddar cheese.
Serve your burgers hot so that the cheese can melt a bit over the top of the burgers. Enjoy!
Can I cook a frozen beyond burger air fryer? I recommend using thawed beyond burger patties instead of frozen ones because the frozen ones will need to cook longer, and as they cook for the additional time, they will dry out internally. Cooking from thawed means, we can enjoy a juicier air fried beyond burger.
How to thaw a beyond burger patty. Place your patty (or patties) on the counter and let rest for an hour or so before use, or let it thaw for several hours within the fridge. I would recommend taking it out of the freezer in the morning or the night before and letting it rest in the fridge until needed.
How to reheat beyond burger
Place your cooked patties in your air fryer and cook at 350 degrees F for 1 minute per side until warmed through. You’ll know that is ready to eat when the beyond burger internal temp has reached 165 degrees F.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Beyond Burgers
There are a lot of different options when it comes to side dishes for burgers, but here are some great ideas that we think you might like:
Does beyond meat need to be seasoned?
No, these burgers naturally have a lot of flavors packed into every bite, so you do not have to add any additional seasonings. That said, you are free to add any additional seasonings desired before cooking these patties.
How Long Does A Beyond Burger Last In The Fridge?
If left in an unopen package in the fridge, your burger patties will last up to 10 days. If you open the package, then it will only last about 3 days.
Cooked beyond burger patties can last about 3-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
How to cook beyond burger from frozen
Cook your burgers according to the Beyond burger air fryer time in the recipe directions, making sure to double the amount of cooking time needed. Keep in mind that we don’t recommend Cooking frozen beyond burger in air fryer, but we understand that sometimes it can be unavoidable.
If you enjoyed this beyond burger air fryer recipe, perhaps you will enjoy these other delicious air fryer recipes.
- Air Fryer Pancakes
- Air Fryer Tilapia with Easy Mango Salsa
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Healthy Air Fryer Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Honey Lemon Dressing Recipe
- 4 Beyond burger patties (fresh, or thawed)
- Burger buns
- Olive oil spray (optional)
Ideas to serve them:
- Tomato slices
- White sweet onion (fresh or fried in the air fryer as well)
- Sauces: ketchup, BBQ, mustard…
- Vegan cheddar cheese (or regular cheddar)
- If your Beyond burger patties are frozen, let them thaw first. You can cook them frozen too but it will take longer, and you can risk having a drier patty.
- Spray your air fryer basket with some olive oil to prevent the patties from sticking.
- Add the patties to the basket, if you need it to work in batches, do not overcrowd your basket, otherwise, they will not cook evenly.
- Cook them for 10 minutes at 392F/200C flipping them halfway.
- Once the patties are cooked, toast the burger buns in the air fryer for a couple of minutes. This step is optional, but it will not only warm up your bread but make it crispier. If you do this, put the buns facing the sliced part to the bottom of the basket, so they can absorb the patties' flavors.
- If you want to have some potatoes on the side, fry them now.
- Serve the burgers with a slice or two of tomato, fresh lettuce, sliced pickles, red onion, and a slice or two of vegan cheddar cheese.
- Serve them hot so the cheese can melt a bit over the burgers.