This bacon-wrapped shrimp has the perfect blend of spicy and sweet! Seasoned bacon is wrapped around succulent shrimp to give you the most impressive appetizer! You don’t have to tell anyone how easy these are to prepare!
Are you tasked with bringing an appetizer for Christmas or New Year’s Eve? Tired of bringing chips and guacamole or beer cheese? Yeah me too. But this bacon-wrapped shrimp has changed everything. This is the appetizer to make, everyone will be talking about it,
What Do You Need To Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp?
Shrimp – Fresh or frozen (and thawed) will both work here. Remove any peels, although the tail can be left on, You use any size too! However, if you use smaller shrimp, you can use less bacon,
Bacon – Use your favorite brand, although I would not use turkey bacon
Baking Sheet – A rimmed baking sheet works best
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
This recipe starts with bacon. I took the preparation method from my Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno Recipe. The bacon is coated in brown sugar and paprika so that you get a sweet, spicy, smoky flavor throughout the bacon.
Place foil on your baking sheet. Top the foil with your baking rack (make sure to coat the rack with non-stick spray!). Arrange the bacon on the baking rack in a single layer.
Bake the bacon for 6-8 minutes. The bacon will be partially cooked and the sugar will be a little sticky,
Allow the bacon to cool to the touch, Meanwhile, increase the oven temperature,
When the bacon can be handled, wrap the bacon around the shrimp, cutting the slices of bacon if necessary,
Place the shrimp back on the baking rack (once again, coat the baking rack) and bake the shrimp for another 6-8 minutes.
Tips For Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- I used large shrimp for this recipe
- I wrapped my shrimp and pressed the bacon together, If you find that your bacon does not stay, secure the bacon with a toothpick
- For more flavor and spice, add a little chili powder to your spice mixture
- The spice mixture can easily be halved or doubled if you are using more or less bacon
How To Grill Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Prepare the recipe as directed up until the last step.
Instead of baking the shrimp, spray grill grates with non-stick spray and arrange the shrimp on the grill grates (soaked skewers can be used instead; thread the shrimp on the skewers).
The shrimp will only take about 3-4 minutes until the bacon is nice and crisp!
Can I Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Ahead Of Time
Yes, you can! Prepare the bacon as directed. Wrap the shrimp with the bacon. Store the wrapped shrimp in the fridge.
When ready, bring the shrimp to room temperature and bake the shrimp as directed.
What To Serve With Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
The bacon has so much seasoning, you really don’t need much in the way of dipping sauce for this recipe!
If you really want to serve a sauce, I would avoid cocktail sauce. A remoulade sauce would be the best choice.
More Shrimp Recipes:
- 1 lb pound shrimp (peels removed, tails can stay on)
- 1 lb bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a baking rack over the foil, spray baking rack with non-stick spray.
- Combine the brown sugar and paprika.
- Coat the bacon with the sugar mixture.
- Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on the baking rack,
- Bake the bacon for 6-8 minutes; remove and allow the bacon to cool until it can be handled.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Spray the baking rack once again,
- When the bacon has cooled, wrap the bacon around the shrimp gently pressing the bacon together to seal.
- Arrange shrimp on the baking rack,
- Bake shrimp for 6-8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 59mgSodium 498mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 11g