The sparkly champagne drink has a subtle sweetness that is blended with the tangy flavor of cranberries and key lime juice!
The cocktail is delicious, festive and party-ready!
I feel like every holiday season I have a new favorite drink. Last year I was pretty pleased with this Warm Red Wine Sangria. I suppose you could call it my seasonal “signature drink”. It was warm, cozy, and I loved it!
This year, I did flavor experimenting. After making this Cape Code drink, I knew that cranberries and limes were complimentary flavors. But what about key limes? Would key limes taste good with cranberry juice?
The answer is yes.
What Do You Need For This Cranberry Champagne Drink
Champagne – I say use your favorite brand. Prosecco is also a good substitute
Cranberry Juice – I chose to use an unsweetened cranberry juice (you will add sugar anyway). Feel free to use a cranberry cocktail or a blend. It is a matter of preference.
Key Lime Juice – Bottled is fine here.
Fresh cranberries and key lime or lime slices for garnish.
Is Champagne Alcohol?
Yes. Champagne has about 12.5 % alcohol which is a little less than red wine. This drink can be especially potent when combined with other forms of alcohol.
How To Make This Key Lime Cranberry Champagne Drink
In a large pitcher, combine the cranberry juice and sugar; stir until combined. Add in key lime juice.
Divide mixture between glasses and top with champagne. Add fresh cranberries or lime slices; serve.
Champagne Drink Substitutions
- Use Prosecco or sparkling wine in place of the champagne
- Add pomegranate juice or cherry juice with the cranberry juice
- Simple syrup can be used in place of the sugar
- Lime juice or even lemon juice can be used in place of the key lime juice
- For an alcohol-free version, use ginger ale, lemon-lime soda or seltzer water in place of the champagne.
- Vodka can be added if you want MORE alcohol in this recipe.
- Add grenadine for extra sweetness.
Can I Make This Champagne Drink In Advance?
Yes, well mostly. Combine the juices and the sugar in a pitcher and place this in the fridge.
Keep cranberries frozen.
Just before serving, stir in the champagne and add the frozen berries to keep the mixture cold.
What Is The Difference Between Champagne and Prosecco?
For starters, both drinks come from different regions in Europe. Champagne comes from the Champagne region, whereas prosecco comes from northern Italy.
Each is made in different ways and with different flavor profiles.
Whichever you choose, make sure you find a bottle that has more a fruity flavor.
When it comes to champagne cocktails, there is are many variations to love! You will want to check out this Champagne Moscow Mule, Champagne Blueberry Mojitos, Bubbly Fuzzy Navel Cocktail, and this White Sangria Recipe
- 32 oz cranberry juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup key lime juice
- 1 bottle champagne or prosecco
- Cranberries and lime slices
- In a large pitcher combine the juices and sugar; stir to combine..
- Before serving, add the champagne.
- Garnish with cranberries and key lime or lime slices
Prosecco can be used in place of the champagne. Use frozen cranberries to keep your drink cold.
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 1g