A Moscow mule with mint and champagne is a refreshing and clean-tasting twist on the copper mug cocktail!
I honestly don’t know many people who will say that champagne is their drink of choice. Champagne on its own is ok.
The bubbly in the Champagne seems to enhance whatever it is mixed with and whatever it is mixed with boosts the flavor of champagne.
This Moscow Mule with mint is such a fabulous variation on the copper-mugged cocktail. I’ve made lemonade Moscow mules and cranberry orange Moscow mules, and now we have a special bubbly mule that is perfect for New Year’s Eve or any special occasion.
What’s A Moscow Mule Drink?
A Moscow Mule is a vodka drink that is made with ginger beer and lime juice and served in a copper mug. As you can see from above, you can flavor your mule with almost any other flavor of juice, but the key really is the copper mug.
Why Do You Serve A Moscow Mule In A Copper Mug?
Sure, copper mugs make the cocktail look pretty. But the truth is the copper metal insulates the cold ginger beer so the cocktail stays cool and refreshing.
What Do I Need For This Moscow Mule Recipe?
Simple Syrup – I give the instructions on how to make this, but you can also purchase bottled simple syrup.
Vodka – Your favorite is fine.
Ginger Beer – You can easily find this at any grocery store. If you do not like the taste of ginger beer (although this is a quintessential mule ingredient), lemon-lime soda, club soda or ginger ale can be used in its place.
Champagne -Prosecco or any other bubbly.
How To Make This Moscow Mule Recipe
Start this recipe by preparing the simple syrup.
To make simple syrup, combine the sugar, water, and mint in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat.
Continue to cook until the sugar has been dissolved and the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine syrup, vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer. Shake.
Pour into a copper mug filled with ice. Top with champagne. Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Bunch of mint
- 1 oz syrup
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 ounce ginger beer
- Ice, champagne to fill
- lime slice, mint leaves for garnish
- To prepare the simple syrup, combine sugar, water and mint in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Continue to cook until the sugar has been dissolved and the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine syrup, vodka, lime juice and ginger beer. Shake. Pour into a copper mug filled with ice. Top with champagne. Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Q Mixers Ginger Beer, Premium Cocktail Mixer, 7.5 oz (12 Cans)
- Elite Cocktail Shaker Set Bartender Kit by BARILLIO: 24 oz Stainless Steel Martini Mixer, Muddler, Mixing Spoon, jigger, 2 liquor pourers, Velvet Bag, Recipes Booklet & eBook
- Moscow Mule Copper Mugs - Set of 4-100% HANDCRAFTED - Food Safe Pure Solid Copper Mugs - 16 oz Gift Set with BONUS: Highest Quality Cocktail Copper Straws and Jigger!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 768Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 40mgCarbohydrates 140gFiber 3gSugar 120gProtein 1g