Pink champagne adds a few bubbles to your strawberry margarita! These cocktails are fruity, fun, pretty and delicious! Share these margaritas with friends on holidays or just because it’s the weekend!
My husband and I don’t get that many date nights. We know we should schedule these regularly, but life happens we have some busy, busy kids.
When we finally figure out a date night, and where to go we slink off to the restaurant, have a few drinks, have appetizers and a filling meal, then come home and fall asleep.
Exciting right? Can you relate? I should either skip the drinks or skip dinner to help our evening last longer but I love good cocktails and I love good food. So what’s a girl to do?
These strawberry margaritas are a little on the girly side but they are such fun and sooo good! If you want to share these with a loved one or friends for Valentine’s Day or “Galentine’s Day” then make a double batch, because are easy to drink and equally fun to make!
What Goes Into These Strawberry Margaritas?
Pink Champagne – Although you can omit the champagne and just have traditional margaritas
Simple Syrup – I made a homemade syrup, although granulated sugar would work in a pinch
Colored Sugar for the rim (optional)
How Do I Make The Simple Syrup For These Strawberry Margaritas?
I’m glad you asked! Simple syrup is the backbone for some cocktails and drinks. If you haven’t made your own syrup before, then you might think it is complicated. But the truth is it is so easy and it keeps really well in the fridge!
To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer the mixture until is the sugar dissolves, and the mixture has reduced and thickened. Allow the syrup to cool completely.
Simple Syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
How Do I Make These Strawberry Margaritas
The best way to start this recipe is to use a blender to puree your berries! Pulse the berries until they are pureed and are mostly liquid.
I prefer to run this through a mesh sieve, the strawberries can be quite pulpy.
In a large pitcher, combine together the strawberry juice, simple syrup, lime juice, tequila and triple sec; stir.
Toss in some halved or whole fresh berries and some ice. Before serving, pour in your pink champagne!
I like to dip the rims of my glasses in water or run a lime wedge around the rims and then dip the rims in colored sugar.
Pour your margaritas in glasses and serve. If you want to get fancy, garnish your margaritas with strawberries or lime slices.
How To Make Strawberry Margaritas Recipe Without Alcohol
If you prefer to enjoy this pretty beverage without alcohol, then I’ve got options!
Prepare the recipe as directed, omitting the alcohol and add club soda instead! You can also add ginger ale or sprite (I would leave out the simple syrup)!
Strawberry Margarita Tips and Suggestions
- I served this up on the rocks, but if you want to make a frozen strawberry margarita, then use frozen berries and ice instead of fresh strawberries.
- You can also use frozen limeade concentrate instead of the fresh lime juice in this recipe.
- If you do not have Triple Sec, Cointreau orange liqueur can be used instead.
- Regular white champagne or Prosecco can be used in place of the pink champagne
- Rose wine can also be added to this cocktail
- Mason Jars make fun ways to serve up these margaritas
- To coat your glass rims, you can use regular granulated sugar or salt-rimmed glasses if that is your thing. You can even use sugar in the raw!
Want More Cocktails?
- 16 oz strawberries, washed and trimmed
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ½ Triple Sec
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 bottle pink champagne
- Colored sugar for rim
- Place your strawberries in a blender. Pulse the berries until they are pureed and are mostly liquid.
- Press your puree through a mesh sieve so that you are left with only liquid.
- In a large pitcher, combine together the strawberry juice, simple syrup, lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec; stir.
- Toss in some halved or whole fresh berries and some ice.
- Dip the rims of your glasses in water or run a lime wedge around the rims and then dip the rims in colored sugar or salt.
- Before serving, pour in your pink champagne
- Garnish your margaritas with strawberries or lime slices.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 8mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 1g