This cape cod drink is a gussied up version of the classic Cape Cod cranberry cocktail.
With fresh cranberries, cranberry juice, Prosecco, and mint, this is a perfect, festive holiday cocktail!
It’s my darn sweet tooth I guess. My sweet tooth is the reason I don’t guzzle down cranberry juice. I drink cranberry juice because it’s good for me, but I can’t say it’s my favorite.
I have a few friends who’s drink of choice is a Cape Cod drink. Truthfully, I didn’t think I would like them myself, but now I find that’s a cocktail I often enjoy as well.
What Is A Cape Cod Drink?
There is something about crisp cranberries, vodka and a tart splash of lime that tastes so refreshing. It’s a simple drink that is tangy and refreshing.
How To Make A Cape Cod Drink
This Cape Cod drink starts with cranberry simple syrup.
Simple syrup is water and sugar that boils together until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has reduced and thickened.
You can infuse simple syrup with anything; vanilla, lemons, ginger, raspberries or even mint.
I added fresh cranberries to my simple syrup. The result is a gorgeous ruby-colored syrup that is tart and sweet at the same time.
Combine the cranberry syrup with juice, a touch of vodka, champagne or Prosecco along with ice cubes. Garnish with a splash of lime juice and a lime wedge.
This Cape Cod Drink has festive flavors and colors; it’s simple and delicious! It’s the perfect cocktail for the holidays!
Which Cranberry Juice Is Best For Vodka?
This is really a matter of taste, although I will say that you do not have to spend money on the expensive cranberry juice since you are using it as a mixer for your cocktails.
Just be warned, that often, cranberry juice blends have added sugar. If you are watching the sugar, then be sure to buy 100% cranberry juice.
Cape Cod Drink Variations:
While the vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice are the standard for this drink, there are other options.
- Cosmopolitan – This popular cocktail is the martini version of a Cape Cod. It’s simple and a little sweeter and has the addition of orange liqueur.
- Crantini – This is basically a Cape Cod served in a more sophisticated style. The ingredients are the same, the glass is the only thing that changed.
- Jolly Rancher – This is a new and fun version of the Cape Cod. Apple vodka and peach schnapps come together to make the classic cocktail taste like candy!
- Woo Woo – Traditional clear cocktail is used for this version, but you can change up the flavor of the vodka instead! You can also serve cocktail in a cocktail glass, on the rocks, or as a party shot.
- Purple Haze – How about using black raspberry liqueur (Chambord) in your Cape Cod to create the cranberry version of the Purple Haze.
More Cranberry Cocktails For You:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 12 oz cranberry juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or champagne
- fresh mint
- lime wedges
- To prepare the simple syrup, combine water, sugar and cranberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Berries will begin to pop, sugar will dissolve and mixture will reduce. Strain mixture and let cool. Pour syrup into a sealable container until ready to serve.
- For the cocktails, combine 1 oz simple syrup, 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice and 1 oz of vodka in 8 champagne flutes. Top each with champagne and garnish with lime and mint. Serve.
- Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 285 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 11mg Carbohydrates 36g Fiber 1g Sugar 31g Protein 0g