This champagne cocktail is gussied up version of the classic Cape Cod.
With fresh cranberries, cranberry juice, Prosecco, and mint, this is a perfect, festive holiday cocktail!
I tend to gravitate towards mixed drinks that are on the sweet side. Drinks like this Apple Cider Hot Toddy or this Blackberry Mojito get my attention over most other cocktails. It’s my darn sweet tooth I guess. My sweet tooth is the reason I don’t guzzle down cranberry juice. I drink cranberry juice because it’s good for me, but I can’t say it’s my favorite.
I have a few friends who’s drink of choice is the Cape Cod. Truthfully, I didn’t think I would like them myself, but now I find that’s a cocktail I often enjoy as well. There is something about crisp cranberries, vodka and a tart splash of lime that tastes so refreshing. It’s a simple drink, and I’ve replicated it here in this festive champagne cocktail.
This champagne cocktail starts with cranberry simple syrup. Simple syrup is water and sugar that boils together until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has reduced and thickened. You can infuse simple syrup with anything; vanilla, lemons, ginger, raspberries or even mint. I added fresh cranberries to my simple syrup. The result is a gorgeous ruby colored syrup that is tart and sweet at the same time. Combine the cranberry syrup with juice, a touch of vodka, champagne or Prosecco and garnish with a splash of lime.
This champagne cocktail has festive flavors and color; it’s simple and delicious! It’s the perfect cocktail for the holidays!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 12 oz cranberry juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or champagne
- fresh mint
- lime wedges
- To prepare the simple syrup, combine water, sugar and cranberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Berries will begin to pop, sugar will dissolve and mixture will reduce. Strain mixture and let cool. Pour syrup into a sealable container until ready to serve.
- For the cocktails, combine 1 oz simple syrup, 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice and 1 oz of vodka in 8 champagne flutes. Top each with champagne and garnish with lime and mint. Serve.
- Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 285 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 11mg Carbohydrates 36g Fiber 1g Sugar 31g Protein 0g
More cocktails for you: