This Apple Cider Hot Toddy Recipe is perfect for cold nights and when you feel under the weather.
A citrusy sweet apple cider drink that will warm you up from the inside out!
Get cozy and warmed up with this apple cider hot toddy. This bourbon apple cider hot toddy is a delicious drink that has been used as a “cure” for when you’re feeling under the weather for decades, if not longer. The warm, sweet apple cider has therapeutic properties all on its own, but with a hint of citrus and some belly-warming bourbon, you have yourself the perfect elixir to combat your aches and pains.
Apple Toddy Recipe
This hot toddy cider is not just a remedy, it’s a delicious and simple fall cocktail. It’s reason enough to stock up on apple cider now and then HOARD it! I may be the only person sipping on this hot toddy recipe in July, but hey I’ll feel good! While most versions of hot toddies come with lemon flavoring, we use orange juice for a healthier pack of Vitamin C, which is known to be good for your body and to promote healing.
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider
- Orange juice
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Apple Cider Hot Toddy Recipe
- Warm your apple cider in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, bourbon, and orange juice.
- Divide between two drinking glasses.
- Garnish with orange slices and serve immediately.
What liquor goes best with hot apple cider?
For your hot toddy you will find that bourbon, whiskey, or rum work best for a more traditional flavor. Whiskey will help to bring more warmth to the drink while rum makes it taste a little sweeter. Not only that but you can also use a cinnamon spiced whiskey or Fireball to give the drink a warm kick of spice.
What apple cider should I use?
Why are hot toddies good for you?
- Bubbly Fuzzy Navel Cocktail
- Ginger Maple Bourbon Cocktail
- Rosemary Greyhound Cocktail
- Bubbly Irish Cocktail
- Cherry Vodka Sour Cocktail
- Lemonade Moscow Mule Cocktail
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 cups apple cider ( I used Kroger brand)
- splash of orange juice
- Warm apple cider in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, bourbon orange juice.
- Divide between two glasses.
- Garnish with orange slices; serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 196Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 28gProtein 0g