A blackberry mojito is just what your summer needs. Fresh mint and blackberries make this mojito delicious and refreshing!
Blackberry mojitos are a tasty cocktail drink that looks as refreshing as they taste. I never realized how lovely mojitos were until I had this recipe. this blackberry mint mojito may have become my favorite cocktail this summer and it’s not hard to see why. Made with fresh blackberries and loads of mint this drink is beautifully colored and wonderfully refreshing in every sip.
What is a Mojito?
a mojito is a traditional cocktail drink featuring 5 ingredients like lime juice, soda water, mint, rum, and sugar. what makes it popular is the combination of citrus, sweetness, and herby mints that all pair well together to complement the taste of the rum.
This easy blackberry mojito recipe is a perfect summer drink. That’s what makes this mojito taste crisp and refreshing while plump blackberries make it luscious and sweet. I mixed sparkling lemon water into my mojitos. The tart lemon flavored water really seemed to make all the individual flavors come alive.
Ingredients you’ll need for Blackberry Mojito:
- Fresh mint leaves
- Granulated sugar
- Ice cubes
- White rum
- Lime juice
- Sparkling lemon water
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make a Blackberry Mojito
- Place your mint leaves, sugar, and blackberries in a cocktail shaker and muddle them with the handle of a wooden spoon until the berries have been broken up.
- Add in the ice, lime juice, and run.
- Shake for about 30 seconds.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and fill each one up about halfway with the rum mixture.
- Top each with some lemon sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries and mint leaves.
What is a muddle?
To muddle a drink means to mash and stir together, like with sugar added. In our drinks case, we are mashing and mixing together the mint leaves, blackberries, and sugar. This will help it to better combine with the liquids and alcohol in the next steps.
Do Mojitos have rum or vodka?
Traditionally you would make this drink with white rum, Cuban rum if possible, but in the event that you do not have any rum on hand, you can swap it out for some plain vodka instead. The drink should still taste pretty good.
Are mojitos gluten free?
Yes, whether you choose to use rum or vodka to make your mojito it will be gluten-free. The alcohol is naturally gluten-free as it is not derived from a gluten-based plant or substance and the same goes for the other added ingredients as well.
If you love Mojitos then you may also love these mojito flavored recipes
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 oz blackberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup white rum
- juice from half a lime
- 1 can sparkling lemon water (I used Sanpellegrino)
- Place mint leaves, sugar and black berries in a cocktail shaker. Muddle with the handle of a wooden spoon until the berries have broke up. Add ice, lime juice and rum and shake for 30 seconds.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice. Fill up each glass halfway with rum mixture. Top each with lemon sparkling water. Garnish with blackberries and mint.
- Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
Amount Per Serving Calories 135Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 40mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 1g