Pasta is tossed with shrimp, fresh tomatoes, olives and feta in this easy, no fuss meal! This Greek shrimp scampi will quickly become a weekly staple!
This Greek shrimp scampi recipe is the perfect way to feed your family quickly and with great taste on every plate. Made with fresh tomatoes, shrimp, olives and feta cheese every bite of this Greek shrimp scampi is sure to delight!
It tastes so high class but uses pretty simple ingredients making it a favorite in my family and possibly yours too. Try this Greek style shrimp recipe and you’ll never go back to regular shrimp scampi again.
Greek Shrimp Pasta
This recipe is easy! Pasta is tossed with shrimp, herbs, and fresh cherry tomatoes. The shrimp scampi then gets topped with kalamata olives and feta cheese to add Mediterranean flavor to this simple dish.
While this meal comes together quickly you could streamline this dish by using leftover shrimp (if you have it) or even precooked shrimp. While I preferred the taste of fresh cherry tomatoes, you could certainly use seasoned canned tomatoes.
Ingredients you’ll need for Greek-Style Shrimp Scampi:
- Uncooked angel hair pasta
- Olive oil
- Bottled minced garlic
- Peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- Grape tomatoes
- Chopped olives
- Feta cheese
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Greek-Style Shrimp Scampi
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm your oil.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and then stir in the thyme, oregano, salt, and rosemary. stir to coat.
- Cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the halved cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional minute or until the shrimp are no longer pink and the tomatoes have softened.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Toss the shrimp mixture together with the cooked pasta.
- Top the pasta with olives and feta cheese.
What is shrimp scampi?
Shrimp scampi is an Italian American word that almost literally translates to “shrimp lobster” and this is because, in Italy, Scampi is a type of shellfish that looks and tastes very similar to American shrimp (langoustine). These would be like a large shrimp or prawn. In America though, when we hear the term “shrimp scampi” our minds go straight to the famous shrimp pasta dish with butter and garlic. It’s a basic dish but one that is packed with flavor and those tiny pink shrimp.
How long is leftover shrimp scampi good for?
You can keep leftover shrimp scampi in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat before eating but be careful not to overcook the shrimp so that it doesn’t become hard and chewy.
Can I freeze shrimp scampi?
You can freeze this dish if you do not add the feta cheese or chopped olives until ready to serve. Make the pasta as directed and scoop out your “eat now” portions. Save the rest in an airtight container and place it into the freezer for up to two months. When ready to eat, let it thaw for several hours or overnight in the fridge before warming. Add the feta and olives and dig in!
Check out these other tasty shrimp recipes:
- Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese
- Low Country Shrimp Boil
- Creamy Shrimp Roll Sandwiches
- Cajun Shrimp Quinoa Bowl
- Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese Story
- Homemade Shrimp Lo Mein Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 10.5 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 4 oz feta
- Cook pasta according to your package directions.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan; sautÃ© 1 minute. Add shrimp to pan and stir in thyme, oregano, salt and rosemary. Stir to coat. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Add halved cherry tomatoes and cook an additional minute or until shrimp are no longer pink and tomatoes have softened. Remove from heat. Toss together pasta and shrimp. Top pasta with olives and feta.
Amount Per Serving Calories 417Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 265mgSodium 1729mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 36g