Layered desserts can be amazing, especially when they are as easy as this no bake eclair cake!
Graham crackers, caramel flavored pudding, and chocolate frosting make this dessert loved by all who try it!
For years and years and years I refused to eat pudding. In fact, I would hardly even look at a box of pudding, that’s how much of a hater I was. The worst part was I turned my kids into haters too! Anytime they found out they were served something made with pudding, they’d turn up their noses and turn away. In essence, I created food snobs, shame on me. A few years ago I added pudding to the batter of these Cherry Coke Cupcakes and these pistachio pudding cookies. After tasting each of those, I conceded that maybe pudding wasn’t as evil as I thought, I mean, at least it’s good for baked goods. Even the kids agreed (they ate a lot of those cookies). So I added pudding to more and more desserts. Each dessert seemed better than the last.
Now I have a line up of pudding filled desserts that have since stolen my heart. I realized that it wasn’t so much that I hated pudding for pudding’s sake, it was that I hated plain pudding. There’s a huge difference. This no bake eclair cake highlights all the different ways to love pudding.
One thing I love about this dessert is the simplicity and the accessibility. This dessert starts with humble graham crackers as the “cake” layer. I used vanilla pudding as my filling to which I added caramel and a good pinch of sea salt (check out these salted caramel brownies for more salted caramel goodness). A sweet layer of chocolate frosting officially turns this creamy dessert into cake! Each ingredient can be found easily in any grocery store (in fact, I used Kroger store brand graham crackers, pudding and whipped topping). The bonus? This dessert is incredibly simple to make. So yes, turns out pudding is an important ingredient that has every right to stand tall in my pantry!
See How to Make Salted Caramel Eclair Cake
A New Way to Look at Pudding
Salted Caramel No Bake Eclair Cake
- 2 3.5 oz boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 16 oz package graham cracker squares
- 1 16 oz container chocolate frosting
- Combine pudding and milk in a bowl. Beat with a whisk until pudding thickens. Fold in whipped topping. Slowly stir in caramel and salt.
- Arrange half of the graham crackers on the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch square pan. Top crackers with half of the pudding mixture. Place the remaining crackers over the pudding. Place the remaining pudding over crackers and place the cake in the refrigerator.
- Once cake has set, top cake with chocolate frosting. Store cake in the fridge until ready to serve.