These cheesecake squares have an almond crust, a chocolate topping and a very creamy no bake center!
Cheesecake squares are so easy!
I’m not sure I have a motto, but if I did, it would probably be “no regrets”. I’m not saying I’m a crazy adventure seeker who refuses to live life without trying everything. When I say I have no regrets, I only mean I never look back.
Looking back is a waste of time; as it cannot change the present. For instance, I can’t change the fact that in moving haste, I threw away a folder containing a large stack of my mom’s recipes. A folder she put together for my sisters and me. A folder with handwritten recipes and her favorite saved recipes. A folder that took her hours to compile and assemble.
One of the recipes in that folder was a recipe for cheesecake squares. My mom didn’t make it often, but I knew it was a favorite of hers. It was easy, creamy and full of chocolate and almonds. I have wanted to make that recipe so many times over the years, but I couldn’t find it in any of my online searches. I was going to work off of these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars or these Cheesecake Bars but thankfully my sister isn’t as hasty as I am when it comes to getting rid of things.
My Cheesecake Squares
My mom’s original recipe calls for a crust made out of peanuts. Peanuts are great for snacking, but in my baking I prefer almonds. In my version of the recipe, I used chopped almonds along with coconut, graham cracker crumbs and chocolate in my crust. After the crust had been set, I spread a simple cream cheese filling over the crust and then topped everything off with a layer of semi-sweet chocolate. A sprinkling of chopped coconut almonds made this dessert complete.
I am so happy to have been reunited with mom’s recipe. I’m going to make sure to keep this one safe. Between the coconut almonds, the coconut, the cream cheese, and chocolate; these no bake cheesecake squares are going to become one of my families favorite recipes!
These no-bake squares will make your summer entertaining simple and delicious. Bring them to all your potlucks, cookouts and BBQ’s; they will disappear in minutes!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds, chopped
- 2 8 oz packages softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Microwave 3/4 cup butter with 1/2 cup chocolate chips on high for 2 minutes or until chocolate has melted, stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Stir in coconut, graham cracker crumbs,and 1/2 cup of almonds. Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 in pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese together with sugar and vanilla until well blended and creamy. Spread mixture over the crust and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Microwave the remaining butter and chocolate until melted; stir until smooth. Pour mixture over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with remaining almonds, pressing them gently into the chocolate.
- Chill until ready to serve. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 59mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 21gProtein 5g