Lusciously sweet eclair cake is made up of graham crackers layered with apple pie flavored pudding, whipped cream, and apple pie filling.
The toffee bits on top complete it all!
I can be an obsessive person. Once I get an idea in my head, I will not be able to rest until that idea comes to fruition. It can be something as simple as buying a new garbage can. I will obsess over this purchase; researching the best models and then spending an equal amount of time finding the best deal.
Watch How To Make This Recipe
My current obsession is getting rid of cable. I have spent an inordinate amount of time finding out which devices are the best, how to stream my favorite shows and movies. I purchased a Roku stick, have subscriptions to Amazon and Netflix, all that’s left to do is cancel my cable service. Then my husband throws me a curve ball. It turns out he cannot live without the Golf Channel. I find this ridiculous. Isn’t the magazine and the app enough? Does he have to watch golf live? We all have to make sacrifices right?
Apparently, he does have to watch golf live which is why I’m still doing my research. My goal is to have a minimal amount of channels for a minimum price. Right now I cannot have either, and it’s driving me crazy. Darn golf. Sometimes I think my husband only likes to watch golf because it leads to great naps. For me, golf leads to excellent daydreaming.
When I daydream, I come up with fabulous recipes, like this easy eclair cake recipe! I’ve been doing a lot dreaming about fall flavors, as evidenced by this apple skillet cookie and this apple cocktail. I have apples on the brain!
This eclair cake is similar to my vanilla coconut ice box cake; it has layers of graham crackers with apple pie filling, and apple pie flavored pudding that has fluffy whipped cream folded right in. Crunchy toffee bits are sprinkled over the top for a complimentary festive topping.
Whiled I have not figured out the best way to cut cable tv, I at least of a great snack to munch on while I continue with my research!
- 27 graham cracker squares
- 1 3.5 oz box vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 1 15 oz can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- In a bowl, beat the pudding mix, milk, apple juice, and apple pie spice. Let mixture stand for 5
- minutes. Fold in 12 oz whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Layer 9 crackers in an 8 x 8 in. square baking dish.
- Arrange half of the apples over the graham crackers. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Arrange 9 more graham crackers over the pudding. Top with remaining apples, followed by remaining filling. Top with the remaining graham crackers.
- Spread remaining 4 oz of whipped topping over the top layer. Sprinkle toffee over the top.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 3 hours.
- I used ALL Kroger store brand products to make this recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 405Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 16mgSodium 185mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 1gSugar 38gProtein 3g
*Gorgeous dishes compliments of Rookwood Pottery*