Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert that is perfect for coffee lovers!
Coffee, Kahlua, and pudding make these Tiramisu Pudding Shots taste just like the dessert!
These spoonable sweets will be a party favorite!
This dangerously good Tiramisu pudding shots recipe can easily make your party an unforgettable night. Pudding shots with Kahlua and vodka mean that they’ll taste great and pack an alcoholic punch that can easily get you tipsy. After 3 or 4 pudding shots, your time at the party might be coming to an end!
The top half of this pudding shots recipe is white chocolate pudding with a hint of vodka. So simple but wow are these good! Dangerously good. After one pudding shot, your party is made. These pudding shooters are easy to make and consume but you may not feel the effects right away, so take a word of caution and consume slowly- Savor the incredible tiramisu pudding flavors.
What Are Pudding Shots?
Pudding shooters are one of those things that both make and break a party. They make a party because they are fun to eat and are usually quite delicious. They are small but packed with booze, so they’re not only cute and portable but also delicious. The base is thick and rich chocolate pudding with a hint of coffee and a splash of Kahlua liqueur.
Kahlua is one of my favorites! This frozen mudslide, this mocha mudslide hot chocolate, and these pudding pops are all made better with Kahlua. And in my experience, no Tiramisu would be complete without a little Kahlua.
Ingredients you’ll need for Tiramisu Pudding Shots:
- Instant chocolate pudding– Just the dry mix!
- Milk– Cold
- Brewed coffee -Cooled
- Coffee liqueur
- Whipped topping (Cool Whip)– Thawed
- Instant white chocolate pudding- Just the dry mix!
- Shot glasses
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
Watch How to Make Tiramisu Pudding Shots:
How To Make Tiramisu Pudding Shots
- Beat together the instant chocolate pudding mix with the milk, brewed coffee, and Kahlua liqueur until combined.
- Slowly fold in the whipped topping and then set aside.
- In another bowl combine the white chocolate pudding mix, milk, and vodka with an electric mixer until smooth. fold in the whipped topping.
- Place both puddings mixes into their own zip-top bags and snip a corner from both bags.
- Carefully pipe the chocolate pudding into 12 shot glasses. fill them about halfway full.
- Now pipe the white chocolate pudding into the glasses, filling them to the top.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate pieces, and Pirouette Cookie halves.
- Place the shooters in the fridge to chill for at least one hour, but up to a day.
- These shots come together so quickly. Mix the pudding mixes with milk, softened whipped topping, and alcohol. I chose Kahlua and vodka because they felt most similar to Tiramisu dessert to me. But you can adjust the alcohol and the amounts added according to your tastes.
- The simplest, neatest way to fill the shot glasses was by placing both white chocolate and milk chocolate pudding in zip-top bags, snipping the ends, and piping the pudding right in.
- Fold in the whipped cream, do not stir, or else your pudding will deflate.
- Instant Pudding is the best for pudding shots as it sets up quickly. Make sure to ONLY use the dry powdered stuff, do not prepare the pudding mix at all before using!
- Use very cold milk when making pudding shots and beat on high with a handheld mixer. The cold milk and all the air from whisking will work to set your pudding.
- As far as what size cups to use for pudding shots, I used 1.02-ounce glasses I found on Amazon along with small plastic spoons. But you can use disposable plastic cups or any other cup you like!
- Any type of alcohol will work in pudding shots, you can substitute brandy, vodka, flavored Irish cream, or whiskeys, tequilas, and bourbons in your shots.
- Flavored vodka would be delicious!
Why Didn’t My Pudding Shots Set?
- One very important thing to mention about making pudding shots is your milk and your whipped topping MUST BE COLD! Otherwise, your instant pudding will not be set up to be thick enough.
- You will have to beat your pudding and cold milk on high speed to get enough air into your pudding to have set properly. Refrigerate your pudding until you are ready to serve them up!
- I promise your party will be more memorable with these Tiramisu pudding shots! They are fun, festive, and irresistible!
How Long Do Pudding Shots Last?
Pudding shots should keep in your refrigerator for 5-7 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to a month. Allow them to thaw in the fridge before serving.
Can Pudding Shots Be Made With Almond Milk?
Almond milk does not have the fat that cow’s milk has, so your pudding will not be set up properly. This will hold true for any milk alternative.
You can use a thickener with almond milk if you are working with old-fashioned pudding that needs to be cooked.
- 1 3.5 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 3.5 oz box instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- In a bowl, beat together pudding mix, milk, coffee and Kahlua Liqueur until combined with an electric mixer until combined. Slowly fold in whipped topping. Set pudding aside.
- In a second bowl, beat together white chocolate pudding, milk, and vodka. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place pudding in separate zip-top baggies and snip one corner.
- Carefully pipe chocolate pudding into 12 shot glasses.
- Top with white chocolate pudding.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and Pirouette Cookie halves.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or at least one hour.
Amount Per Serving Calories 104Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 64mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 2g