Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert that is perfect for coffee lovers!
Coffee, Kahlua, and pudding make this Tiramisu Pudding shots taste just like the dessert!
These spoonable sweets will be a party favorite!
What Are Pudding Shots?
Pudding shots are one of those things that both make and break a party. They make a party because they are fun to eat and are usually quite delicious. They are small, but packed with booze and therein lies the problem.
Pudding shots are exactly what the name implies, pudding mixed with alcohol. This recipe contains both vodka and Kahlua to double your fun.
This pudding shots recipe is small in size, but boy does it pack a punch. The base is thick and rich chocolate pudding with a hint of coffee and a splash of Kahlua liqueur.
Kahlua is one of my favorites! This frozen mudslide, this mocha mudslide hot chocolate, and these pudding pops are all made better with Kahlua. And in my experience, no Tiramisu would be complete without a little Kahlua.
How to Make Tiramisu Pudding Shots:
The top half of this pudding shots recipe is white chocolate pudding with a hint of vodka. So simple but wow are these good! Dangerously good. After one pudding shot, your party is made.
After 3 or 4 pudding shots, your time at the party might be coming to an end!
These shots come together so quickly. Mix the pudding mixes with milk, softened whipped topping and alcohol. I chose Kahlua and vodka because that felt most similar to Tiramisu dessert to me. But you can adjust the alcohol and the amounts added according to your tastes.
The simplest, neatest way to fill the shot glasses was by placing both white chocolate and milk chocolate pudding in zip-top bags, snipping the ends and piping the pudding right in.
Each pudding shot is sprinkled with shaved chocolate and decorated with a hazelnut cookie half.
Why Didn’t My Pudding Shots Set?
One very important thing to mention about making pudding shots is your milk and you whipped topping MUST BE COLD! Otherwise you instant pudding will not set up to be thick enough.
You will have to beat your pudding and cold milk on high speed to get enough air into your pudding to have set properly. Refrigerate your pudding until you are ready to serve them up!
I promise your party will be more memorable with these Tiramisu pudding shots! They are fun, festive and irresistible!
How Long Do Pudding Shots Last?
Pudding shots should keep in your refrigerate for 5-7 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to a month. Allow them to thaw in the fridge before serving.
Pudding Shots Tips:
- Instant Pudding is the best for pudding shots as it sets up quickly.
- Use very cold milk when making pudding shots and beat on high with a hand held mixer. The cold milk and all the air from whisking will work to set your pudding.
- Any type of alcohol will work in pudding shots, you can substitute brandy, vodka, flavored Irish cream, or whiskeys, tequilas, and bourbons in your shots.
- Fold in the whipped cream, do not stir or else your pudding will deflate.
Can Pudding Shots Be Made With Almond Milk?
Almond milk does not have the fat that cow’s milk has, so your pudding will not set up properly. This will hold true for any milk alternative.
You can use a thickener with almond milk if you are working with old-fashioned pudding that needs to be cooked.
Connect with Lemons for Lulu!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Be sure to follow me on Instagramand tag #lemonsforlulu! I would love to see your talents!
I have a group dedicated to food and you! Check out my group page on facebook and join in on the fun! This is where you can ask questions, share recipes, connect with others and see more of Lemons for Lulu. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 3.5 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 cup whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 3.5 oz box instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In a bowl, beat together pudding mix, milk, coffee and Kahlua Liqueur until combined with an electric mixer until combined. Slowly fold in whipped topping. Set pudding aside.
- In a second bowl, beat together white chocolate pudding, milk, and vodka. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place pudding in separate zip-top baggies and snip one corner. Carefully pipe chocolate pudding into 12 shot glasses. Top with white chocolate pudding. Garnish with shaved chocolate and Pirouette Cookie halves. Refrigerate until ready to serve or at least one hour.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 104Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 64mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 2g