This shrimp and peach salsa is an explosion of flavor in every bite!
Freshes peaches and spiced shrimp are the key ingredients that will keep everyone dipping in for more!
This #TrendingInTheKitchen post was sponsored by Pompeian Olive Oil.
This Peach Salsa Is The Best
I have been making several trips to the grocery store each week just for peaches. I don’t know what it is but right now I am finding the biggest, sweetest peaches. We’ve eaten them plain, thrown them into smoothies, baked them into peach cobbler bars, peach pie, ice cream, and any other sweet treat we could think of making.
After all these sweets, it occurred to me that I would be making a huge foodie mistake if I didn’t incorporate those succulent peaches into savory dishes as well. One of my regular summer entrees is Pork Chops with Blackberry Peach Sauce. The sweet berries and tender peaches balance out the savory spices of the pork perfectly. The combination is fresh and delicious!
With Labor Day around the corner, I thought the best way to entertain with the season’s bountiful fruit is with a big bowl of homemade salsa! Of course, this salsa is just a little different. I tossed shrimp with Pompeian’s Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, – which has a full-bodied flavor that enhances and enriches the spices used: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika. I grilled my shrimp and combined them with lots of chopped fresh peaches, tomatoes, avocados and a teeny bit of red onion. Pompeian’s Balsamic Vinegar, cilantro, salt and orange blossom water are all I used to season the whole bowl.
About Shrimp and Peach Salsa
- It is perfectly acceptable to toss the shrimp in a skillet if grilling is too tedious or time-consuming. The olive oil and spices combine to make a flavorful marinade that brings a subtle heat to contrast the sweetness from the peaches.
- I kept the ingredients simple, peaches, tomatoes, shrimp, and avocados. I did use a very small amount of red onion for color and for a little crispness. Feel free to add more, add jalapenos, bell peppers or beans (pinto or garbanzo beans would be lovely).
- The balsamic vinegar has a rich, oaky, earthy flavor who’s acidity compliments the tender peaches and smooth avocados. The vinegar is naturally gluten free and allergen free. The orange blossom water is a hidden gem in this salsa. It is subtle, yet manages to smack you with an unexpected yet beautifully fresh flavor that makes this salsa addicting.
The whole bowl will hit you with one flavor after another; it is the salsa that keeps on giving!
Pompeian Olive Oil was the first olive oil to obtain USDA Quality Monitored Seal, to learn more about the requirements or about Pompeian visit them at Pompeian.com.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian’s Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- 3 teaspoons Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon orange blossom water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
Toss peeled and deveined shrimp with olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and chili powder. Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes. When ready, grill shrimp or heat in a skillet for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and cool until they are easily handled.
Chop the cooked shrimp and place in a bowl, add peaches, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado and red onion. Drizzle vinegar and rose water over shrimp mixture. Season with salt and stir to coat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g