This peach pie starts with a graham cracker crust that is topped with a creamy and smooth filling and then topped with fresh peach slices. This easy pie is light and terrifically simple.
When it comes to pies, my mom was a one-trick pony. She would make a homemade apple pie that was to die for but she never strayed from this dessert. This was probably smart on her part.
M mom was an excellent cook but her baking wasn’t always the best. She would make gorgeous looking chocolate cakes but somehow the taste would leave you wanting more. This was not the case with her apple pie it always looked as good as it tasted.
I will admit, I tend to forget about making pies. I am always so focused on cakes or cupcakes and somehow pies tend to take a backseat.
A fruit pie is good on occasion but I usually like something a little creamier and so this is why I am sharing the recipe I have for you today.
This pie is more of peaches and cream-style pie with freshly sliced peaches adorning the top.
When is peach pie in season?
Peach season tends to be in full swing in July and August. you might see a few peaches around the end of June but chances are they aren’t sweetest or the juiciest. This is the time to grab your peaches and make peach cake, peach cobbler bars, and of course this peach pie.
How to make a peach pie crust
I chose to keep it simple and make a graham cracker crust. You can use a pre-baked pie shell or a pre-baked graham cracker crust if you prefer.
How to make peach pie
For the filling, I combined softened cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. From here I folded in some whipped topping, like Cool Whip, until blended. The filling gets poured into the crust and then the pie goes into the refrigerator until set.
Before serving, top the pie with freshly sliced peaches. brush a little peach or apricot jam over the slices to keep them moist and flavorful.
Can this peach pie be frozen?
To freeze this pie, cover the pie securely with plastic wrap and then with foil. The pie can be kept for one month.
How to store peach pie
This pie does best when it is lightly covered and stored in the fridge. The pie will keep for up to one week.
Can you make a peach pie with nectarines?
Yes you can! If your nectarines or your peaches aren’t right at the time you buy them, place them in a brown paper bag and leave them on the counter for a day or two. They will ripen and soften on the counter.
This is a very versatile recipe, it will work with virtually any fruit! Some handy substitutions are:
- Use mascarpone cheese in place of the cream cheese or the sour cream
- Add almond extract in with the vanilla extract
- Make your own whipped topping by beating heavy cream until thick
- Fold in melted white chocolate in with the whipped topping
- Add raspberries to the peaches for a variation of peach melba
More peach recipes:
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 8 oz package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole peaches, sliced
- 2 tablespoons apricot or peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place graham crumbs in a bowl. Add melted butter and sugar; stir until well blended. Press crumbs into a 9" pie plate, taking care to press the crumbs up the sides.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes or until set. Remove and allow the crust to cool before filling.
- Place cream cheese and sour cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until creamy. Stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in whipping topping into cheese mixture and place the filling into the cooled pie filling.
- Arrange sliced peaches over the top of the pie. Cover and refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat apricot preserves in the microwave for 15 seconds or until thin, stir in preserves. Brush mixture over the peaches. Serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 460Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 60mgSodium 254mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 1gSugar 33gProtein 4g