This cinnamon roll recipe is so easy, you will fall in love! A cast iron skillet, fresh peaches and crescent roll dough makes them irresistible!
My little one had a kindergarten assessment today. I spent a good chunk of my morning easing her fears. I tried to assure her that she would be ready for kindergarten and that she would be able to handle anything. Her nerves were calmed and fears eased as we walked into the building. I spent so much time keeping my little one from crying that I forgot about myself. Tears poured out of my eyes as I watched my little one walk away with her little hand tucked into the hand of her teacher.
I’ve struggled with milestones. When my little one stopped nursing I cried knowing I would never hold her quite that close again. When my little one took her first steps I cried knowing it would be a matter of time before she started running away from me and now here we are. My little one is getting ready for school and I’m crying because I know that her world is about to be shaped by all sorts of outside influences.
I know it’s a part of life; a part of growing up. When you have babies people tell you all about the sleepless nights and the potty training. But no one talks about how watching your kids grow up can sting just a bit. You want the best for them and want them to grow up to become happy self-sufficient adults. It’s just the marked passage of time that is hard.
So how will I accept the first day of school? I will make this easy peach skillet cinnamon roll recipe for the kids. Sure they need to power up with a good breakfast, but the first day of school only comes once a year. They can power up on day two! Then, as I watch my new kindergartener drive away on the bus, I will shove the rest of these peachy treats into my pie hole!
I’ll probably feel guilty about eating up all these peach cinnamon rolls. Thankfully these are incredibly easy to make. A few fresh peaches, pre made dough for the cinnamon roll recipe and vanilla International Delight coffee creamer for the drizzle (they have sugar free and fat free creamer too)! Pop your cast iron skillet into the oven and you’ll have perfect peach cinnamon rolls in no time.
This easy peach cinnamon roll recipe makes an excellent treat for the first day of school. Perfect for those going to school and perfect for those who stay behind!
BREAKFAST OR DESSERT?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY! FOLLOW ME:
Peach Skillet Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 2 8 oz cans seamless crescent roll dough
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh peaches peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla International delight coffee creamer
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a cast iron skillet, set aside.
- Roll out one crescent roll dough to roughly a 13 x 7 inch rectangle. Brush half of the butter over dough.
- In a small bowl combine peaches, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon. Spread half of the fruit over butter. Roll up dough jellyroll style starting with the long edge. Pinch seam and edges.
- Repeat with second crescent roll dough, remaining butter and remaining fruit.
- Cut each dough log into 6-8 rolls. Place rolls cut side up in skillet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let roll cools until they are cooled to the touch.
- For the glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar and creamer in a bowl. Drizzle over rolls.
- Makes 12-16 rolls.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2315kcal Calories from fat 564|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 63g||97%|
|Saturated Fat 33g||165%|
|Dietary Fiber 18g||72%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|