This antipasto salad crescent ring recipe is easy and fun to share!
This easy appetizer is filled with a blend of meats and cheeses that makes it so tasty and delicious!
What To Make With Crescent Rolls?
If you are anything like me, you buy ingredients with the intention of using them only to change your mind when you get home. Then you find yourself with miscellaneous items to use up at a later date.
This happens often with crescent roll dough for some reason. If you too have an extra roll of crescent roll dough, I have an excellent way to use it up! This antipasto salad crescent ring recipe is an easy, impressive appetizer that will fit any occasion!
What Is Antipasto Salad?
Antipasto salad is a traditional first course of a formal Italian meal. This dish is often made with a variety of meats, cheese, green olives and black olives, pepperoncini, and sometimes mushrooms, roasted red peppers and anchovies, as well as marinated artichoke hearts and other vegetables.
You can get a good visual from this post on How To Make An Easy Antipasto Platter or from this Full-Sized Antipasto Salad recipe. This crescent ring has everything you’d find on an antipasto platter and stuffs it inside buttery, flaky crescent roll dough!
How To Make An Antipasto Crescent Ring?
For this recipe, you will use two tubes of crescent roll dough. Unroll both tubes, and arrange your triangles on a baking sheet. You want to arrange the triangles in a starburst pattern where the large ends are in the middle of the ring and the small points face out.
I used folded sliced ham, salami, and pepperoni over the base of the ring and then topped that off with chopped olives, pepperoncini peppers. and finely shredded Italian blend cheese.
Carefully lift the triangle points over the filling, pressing the dough together once it is lifted over. I lightly sprayed the top of my ring with an olive oil spray and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and garlic salt over the top.
This crescent ring recipe will take about 15 minutes to bake; you want it golden brown. Then slice the ring and serve it up! It is sure to be a hit!
Antipast0 Salad Ring Recipe Tips:
- Make sure to arrange your ring on your baking sheet before you start layering on the filling, otherwise, it will be impossible to move.
- While I layered the filling, you could finely chop all the ingredients, toss them together and then pile them in the center of the ring. It is ok if a little filling spills out.
- Melted butter can be brushed on the outside instead of the olive oil spray.
- I did not use a dressing for this recipe, but you could use oil and vinegar (red wine vinegar would be best), or your favorite Italian dressing.
- Feel free to adjust the veggies used or even the cheese. Fresh mozzarella or feta would work nicely.
- Serve this with homemade minestrone soup for a complete meal!
More Crescent Roll Recipes:
- 2 8 oz tubes crescent rolls
- 8 slices ham
- 10 slices salami
- 4 oz or 10 slices pepperoni
- ½ cup chopped olives
- ⅓ cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray the paper with non-stick spray.
- Unroll the crescent rolls from the tubes. Arrange the dough in a sunburst pattern where the larger edges face the center (corners can overlap) and small points are face out.
- Layer the sliced ham, salami, and pepperoni over the dough followed by the chopped olives, peppers and cheese.
- Carefully fold the pointed ends over the filling; pressing into the inside of the ring to seal.
- Lightly spray the top of the ring with olive oil spray. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 185 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 46mg Sodium 739mg Carbohydrates 13g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 11g