Layered Hummus and Caramelized Onion Dip is an appetizer worth waiting for.
Cream cheese, hummus, mushrooms, and sweetened onions are layered together for the most incredible dip you’ll ever taste!
If you’re a huge fan of caramelized onions like I am or you simply want a new hummus recipe to try soon then you’ve got to try this layered hummus dip. This hummus with caramelized onion recipe is super easy to prepare and only requires a little time to make and assemble. The taste of hummus with caramelised onion is unlike anything else and is truly a savory sweet blend of all the perfect flavors. Perfect for all of your dipping needs.
What is Hummus and Caramelized Onion Dip?
This dip is anything but short on flavor. It starts with Greek yogurt and flavored cream cheese. I layered Sabra Rosemary with Sea Salt Hummus on top, followed by seasoned mushrooms and deliciously sweet caramelized onions. Each layer of this dip tastes perfectly good on its own, but the combination is sensational. There is so much to love in each and every bite of this caramelized onion dip.
- Onion & chive cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Sabra Rosemary with Sea Salt Hummus
- Brown sugar
- Red pepper flakes
- Goat cheese
How to Make Layered Hummus and Caramelized Onion Dip
- Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onions and then cook for 5-10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- When the onions begin to caramelize and turn a golden color, stir in the brown sugar.
- Continue to cook until the onions are deep amber color.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add your mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl combine your yogurt and cream cheese.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of a serving dish.
- Top with hummus.
- Arrange the mushrooms and onions over the hummus.
- Sprinkle with some goat cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can hummus be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze this hummus if desired. Simply store it in an airtight container for up to 3 months and then thaw before serving. this should give you plenty of time to enjoy this tasty appetizer dip.
Can hummus be left out?
I do not recommend keeping this dip out for more than 2 hours at a time as it will begin to pose a food safety risk. this is a dip meant to be kept and eaten chilled which means it can only be left out for about 2 hours before needing to be placed back into the fridge.
What does hummus go well with
This hummus goes great with just about anything from fresh cut veggies to toasted pita bread rounds. I like to serve it up with whole grain baked chips but even tortilla chips would work well too!
For more delicious hummus recipes check out these tasty suggestions
- Hummus Topped Irish Nachos
- White Bean Cranberry Hummus
- Mexican Street Corn Salsa Hummus
- Healthy Avocado Hummus Recipe
- How To Caramelize Onions And Serve With Hummus
- Hummus Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Hummus and Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- 4 oz softened onion & chive cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 10 oz container Sabra Rosemary with Sea Salt Hummus
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When onions begin caramelizing and turn golden in color, stir in brown sugar.
- Continue to cook until onions are a deep amber color; remove onions and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the same skillet.
- Cook until mushrooms are tender; season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese layer over a serving dish.
- Top with hummus.
- Arrange mushroom and onions over hummus.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 5mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 16gSugar 3gProtein 5g