Layered Hummus and Caramelized Onion Dip – Cream cheese, hummus, mushrooms and sweetened onions are layered together for the most incredible dip you’ll ever taste!
I’m proud to have partnered with Sabra to bring you this #UnofficialMeal
I love entertaining. I think what I like most about it is getting to plan a menu. I think long and hard about what to serve. While I do take into consideration the tastes and preferences of my friends and family, what I serve has more to do with me and what recipes I want to try out.
I put as much thought and planning into my appetizers and snacks as I do my menu planning. I put so much thought into my first course because appetizers and snacks are my favorite types of foods. I could live on dips and finger foods.
I have individual appetizers that I always serve as my “unofficial meal”; guacamole, Tex-Mex dip, tortellini with dip and anything involving hummus. The hummus dips are always the first to go. This Mediterranean dip is alway such a hit, but I thought it was time to try a new way to incorporate hummus into a layered dip.
Hummus and Caramelized Onion Dip and National Hummus Day!
This dip anything but short on flavor. In starts with Greek yogurt and flavored cream cheese. I layered Sabra Rosemary with Sea Salt Hummus on top, followed by seasoned mushrooms and deliciously sweet caramelized onions. Each layer of this dip tastes perfectly good on its own, but the combination is sensational. There is so much to love in each and every bite of this caramelized onion dip.
The biggest problem with this dip is that you cannot stop eating it. I suppose it’s only an issue if you want to save room for dinner. I am usually content skipping dinner and just feasting on dip.
I’m sure the next time I have a dinner party, I’ll spend a fair amount of time fretting over the main course and the dessert. I won’t have to spend any time thinking about what to serve as an appetizer, however, because I’ll have this hummus dip ready to go.
How will you celebrate National Hummus Day? Visit Sabra.com to grab a coupon; then purchase your favorite flavor today!
Layered Hummus and Caramelized Onion Dip
- 4 oz softened onion & chive cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 10 oz container Sabra Rosemary with Sea Salt Hummus
- 1 teaspoon onion, sliced
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When onions begin caramelize and turn golden in color, stir in brown sugar. Continue to cook until onions are a deep amber color; remove onions and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the same skillet. Cook until mushrooms are tender; season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and cream cheese. Spread cream cheese layer over a serving dish. Top with hummus. Arrange mushroom and onions over hummus. Sprinkle with goat cheese.