Mexican Street Corn Salsa-A simple salsa or side modeled after the very bold Mexican street corn.
This recipe is easily adaptable to suit your own tastes!
You’re going to love this salsa hummus dip. It’s a wonderful blend of flavors that pair so well together to create a unique and filling experience. Made with just a few simple and basic ingredients this Mexican hummus recipe is simple and fun. Enjoy it to yourself as an afternoon snack or dish it up as an appetizer for friends. Either way, everyone is going to love this hummus and salsa combo.
Mexican Hummus Dip
This Mexican street corn salsa can take my hummus to flavorful new heights. The best part is how simple this recipe is to prepare. Plus it is made with food you already have on hand. Canned corn, a touch of mayo, and lime juice along with cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper are all you need for this savory Mexican treat. Add just a few tablespoons to your hummus; grab bell peppers or tortilla chips and nibble as you set about preparing the rest of your meal.
- Canned corn
- Lime juice
- Cayenne pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Salsa Hummus
- Drain the corn completely.
- In a bowl, combine your drained corn, mayo, lime juice, salt, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir together to combine.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the top just before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.
Can hummus be frozen?
Yes, hummus can be frozen if desired for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Thaw before serving. You can also freeze the corn salsa in a separate air-tight container and just serve them together when ready.
Can hummus be left out?
I do not recommend letting it sit out for more than 2 hours at a time for food safety reasons. This is a recipe that should stay chilled.
What does hummus go well with
This hummus would be great served alongside any number of items including tortilla chips and toasted pita bread rounds. I like to eat it with healthy blue corn tortilla chips because it also adds a nice color to the mix.
For more delicious hummus recipes check out these tasty suggestions
- Hummus Topped Irish Nachos
- White Bean Cranberry Hummus
- Layered Hummus and Caramelized Onion Dip
- Healthy Avocado Hummus Recipe
- How To Caramelize Onions And Serve With Hummus
- Hummus Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Hummus and Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- 1 14 oz can corn, drained
- 1 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain corn completely.
- In a bowl, combine corn, mayo, lime juice, salt, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 102Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 3mgSodium 272mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 3g