Italian subs are the perfect game day sandwich! Deli meat and provolone cheese are piled high in these thick and flavorful
The best Italian subs I ever ate were found in a dive bar near the University of Cincinnati.
The only employee we ever encountered was an Asian woman. She rarely spoke, but she made mean Italian subs.
My version of spicy Italian subs comes pretty darn close to the ones in my memory!
Spicy Italian Subs
- 4 submarine sandwich rolls
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 sliced ham
- 8 slices of turkey
- 12 slices hard salami
- 12 slices sandwich pepperoni
- 4 tablespoons Sambal Oelek Chili Paste (optional)
- 8 oz shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced and quartered
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut sandwich rolls along one seam being careful to not cut all the way through. Spread may on each side of sub roll.
- Top each roll with cheese, ham, turkey, salami and pepperoni. Spread a tablespoon of chili paste on each sub.
- Heat in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile place lettuce in a bowl. Whisk together oil, vinegar and seasoning. Pour over lettuce.
- When sandwiches have heated, divide lettuce among each of the subs and top with tomato slices.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 120825kcal Calories from fat 62260|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6918g||10643%|
|Saturated Fat 2305g||11525%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||40%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|