These Garlic Parmesan Wings are baked, not fried, making them healthier appetizers.
Each crispy chicken wing is coated in a buttery Garlic Parmesan dry rub recipe that is absolutely addicting.
What Are Garlic Parmesan Wings?
Garlic parmesan wings are chicken wings that are tossed in oil and a dry seasoning mixture of parmesan blend and then baked.
These baked chicken wings are better than fried chicken for sure and they taste better than any restaurant wing.
You could totally use the garlic parmesan rub for any of your chicken recipes. It is a versatile flavor combination that works with any protein.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Vegetable Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
For the exact measurements needed, please see the recipe card below.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Instructions
Step 1: Preheat
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
Step 2: Toss the Wings
Toss the wings with a little vegetable oil in a large bowl.
The oil will help the seasoning mixture adheres to the chicken skin plus it will ensure that the chicken wings bake up nice and crispy.
Step 3: Mix the Seasoning
Mix parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
Step 4: Coat the Wings
Add the oil-coated wings to the seasoning bowl and toss them a second time.
Step 5: Arrange
Arrange the wings in a single layer on the pan you prepared in step 1.
Step 6: Bake
Bake your wings for 30 minutes, flip them, then bake for another 10-15 minutes. Check that your wings have reached an internal temperature of 165°F before removing them from the oven.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Expert Tips
- Make sure your wings have thawed completely and that you pat them dry. This will prevent a wet wing, the seasoning will stick to the skin much better if the wings are dry, to begin with.
- Make sure you do not crowd the baking pan. An even layer of wings will ensure that they all cook evenly. The wings will need to be turned only once during baking.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Substitutions
- Feel free to substitute or add more or different seasonings. Lemon zest or white pepper would add more spice and would blend nicely with the Parmesan cheese.
- Adding a splash of lemon juice would add a bright, fresh flavor.
- If you want to, you can use chicken drumettes instead of wings or in addition to wings.
How to Reheat Dry Rub Chicken Wings
To reheat dry rub chicken wings, the best method is in the oven. However, you can certainly microwave them as well.
If you’re reheating in the oven, arrange your leftover wings on a foil-lined baking sheet and reheat at 350 for about 15 minutes.
How to Serve Garlic Parmesan Wings
Garlic parmesan wings are a great appetizer and can be served all on their own. If you want to serve them as a meal, add a side of fresh veggies with ranch, and a potato-like fries or chips.
Sides to Serve with Garlic Parmesan Wings
- A dipping sauce like aioli, blue-cheese, or ranch
- Potato chips
- Fresh sticks of carrot and celery
- Mashed potatoes
- A salad
How to Store Garlic Parmesan Wings
Garlic parmesan wings are best stored in an airtight container in your fridge. We recommend putting any leftovers in the fridge as soon as they are cool and leaving them in there until you are ready to cook them. Freezing these wings is not recommended.
Other Ways to Prepare Garlic Parmesan Wings
Garlic parmesan wings can also be prepared on your grill or fried in a deep fryer. Not to mention you can make wings in the crockpot, Instant pot, or air- fryer.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Can Be Keto
Garlic parmesan wings can be made Keto by baking the wings with salt and pepper only. Then, heat butter and garlic powder in a small saucepan until melted. When the wings are ready, toss the warm wings in the melted butter mixture. Serve garnished with parsley if desired.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Are Gluten-Free
Garlic parmesan wings are part of a Gluten-Free Diet as the seasonings are light and simple, with no gluten additives. That being said, you may want to be sure the brand of garlic powder you use is indeed gluten-free.
More recipes that would taste great paired with these wings.
- 2 lb bag of frozen chicken wings, thawed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and a wire rack over top.
- Rinse and pat chicken pieces dry. Place the wings in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, tossing each piece so that they all get coated.
- In a bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub spice mixture over the wings.
- Arrange wings on the prepared baking sheet. Bake wings for 30 minutes, turn and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 15Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 2mgSodium 126mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g