Crispy baked chicken wings are so easy to make at home! These wings are simply seasoned with garlic and fresh rosemary, then served with a tangy Carolina mustard bbq sauce!
I used to think my brother in law made the best chicken wings. He would serve up the wings in a crockpot when I’d come to their house to watch college basketball. Those Buffalo Wings were mouthwatering. They were meaty, spicy and extra saucy.
While I loved his chicken wings, I never allowed myself to eat more than a couple. See, there was a friend of theirs who would always come to watch the games too. I thought he was pretty cute and I was way too embarrassed to gnaw on chicken bones in front of him. Buffalo wings aren’t exactly the neatest thing to eat either. For months I deprived myself of my favorite appetizer all for some boy. Needless to say, I have no trouble eating wings in front of my husband. In fact, I’ll fight him over the last one if I have to. Especially if we are sharing this crispy baked chicken wings recipe!
These wings could not be easier to make. I toss wings and drumsticks with baking powder and salt. I baked them at a low temperature for 25 minutes then I bump up the heat and drizzle garlic and herb butter all over the wings. The baking powder makes them nice and crisp while the butter helps them turn golden brown.
I pair these wings with a tangy Carolina-style mustard bbq sauce. This sauce is different than other bbq sauces. It starts with Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar that is gluten-free, GMO-free and sulfite free. This vinegar, made from select grapes Italy, is harvested at peak maturity which allows the red wine vinegar to keep the complex flavor characteristics of the grapes. This vinegar is ideal for vinaigrettes or sauces like this bbq sauce. This mustard sauce does not require a lot of ingredients, but the flavor is huge. It’s tangy sweetness works so well with the fresh tasting rosemary and garlic that are covering the wings.
When game day comes around, I’ll be the one making the wings and I’ll be the one eating them too!
Crispy baked chicken wings are served up with a unique but tangy mustard sauce!
5 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 24 oz bag chicken wings
- 1 24 oz bag of mini drumsicks
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- Hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place aluminum foil over the bottom of a baking sheet; cover with a baking rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with salt and baking powder. Arrange wings on the baking rack and bake on low for 25 minutes, turning once.
- Combine melted butter with rosemary and garlic, stir. After 25 minutes, increase oven temperature to 425. Remove wings and drizzle with butter mixture. Continue to bake the wings for another 45 minutes, turning once.
- To prepare the bbq sauce, whisk all the ingredients together.
- Serve the wings with the mustard sauce on the side.
I’m proud to have partnered with Pompeian Olive Oil to bring you this original recipe. Visit pompeian.com for product information and recipes.