Chicken wings get a face lift! Grilled chicken wings with REAL smokey bbq flavor! Don’t forget the spicy comeback sauce!
Some days I like to stand outside a Kentucky Fried Chicken and breath in all 12 herbs and spices wafting from the restaurant vents. The southern fried, extra crispy goodness beckons me like sirens luring a sailor. It’s intoxicating. But not intoxicating enough for me to actually place an order. I just cannot bring myself to do it. I prefer to keep my arteries clear, you know what I mean?
I do however, have a confessed weakness for chicken wings. I think because they are only half the size of a KFC chicken leg, I tend to think I can eat buckets full. I prefer to have my wings drenched in liquid spices. The saucier and spicier, the better. I don’t care if I lose all feeling in my lips from the blazing sauce, I WANT to eat my weight in wings!
However, I do have a culinary conscious. Fried is fried, no matter what. In an attempt to enjoy my favorite snack food without all the extra guilt, I decided to try out grilling my favorite poultry pieces. You know what? I think this may be an even better way to indulge in chicken wings! I love the deep smokey, char grilled flavor that the wings absorb from the heat of the grill. They are crispy without being fried. Golden, plump and delicious! But what really makes these chicken wings stand out is the fiery comeback sauce! It’s called comeback sauce for a reason my friends. You cannot stop yourself from dipping into that sauce over and over again! Well, I couldn’t stop myself from dipping into that sauce. Perhaps you have more self-control. And if you have less, well I promise I won’t judge!
SNACK FOOD IS GOOD FOOD
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Grilled Chicken Wings with Sriracha Comeback Sauce
- 4 lbs chicken wing pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Sambal Oelek red chili paste (found in the Thai Section)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, drizzle chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Spray grill grate with non stick spray. Heat your grill over medium heat. Grill wrings for 20-25 minutes or until crispy. Be sure to turn chicken halfway through cook time.
- While chicken cooks, prepare sauce. In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir until completely mixed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.