How about a thick, juicy cheese burger for your next bbq?
This beer cheese bacon burger is sure to hit the spot!
With summer not too far away these grilled burgers are here to stay. Made with a simple homemade patty and then topped with homemade beer cheese, onion straws, and bacon every bite is a wonderful combination of crunchy, savory, spicy cheesy goodness that you won’t soon forget! To make the cheese in this recipe I used some of my jalapeno popper beer cheese which worked out perfectly because the cheese sauce literally melted as soon as it touched the hot burger patties making this sandwich that much more incredible.
Homemade Bacon Cheeseburger
This cheeseburger is unlike anything else you’ve ever tried. With so much flavor going on in every bite you are going to want another burger or two so make sure that there’s plenty to share. I topped these beefy burgers with a generous spoonful of beer cheese, crisp bacon, and homemade onion straws. The onion straws were surprisingly simple, although, in a pinch, store-bought onion rings would do the trick. The salty, crunchy bacon and the coated onions straws blend in the creamy cheese for one outrageously delicious bite!
Serve this burger up with some tasty french fries, a side of coleslaw, tater tots, or onion rings. It’s sure to taste incredible with just about anything as this is a very versatile burger.
- Ground beef
- Sliced cooked bacon
- Hamburger buns
For the beer cheese, you will need:
- Cream cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Plain Greek yogurt
For the onion straws, you will need
- Vegetable oil
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Beer Cheese Bacon Burger
Make onion straws
- Prepare the straws by first heating your oil over medium heat until hot and simmering.
- In a large zip-top bag, combine your flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the onions and close the bag. Toss around a few times to evenly coat.
- When the oil is ready, add the onion to the pot in batches, cooking for about 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Remove the onions from the oil and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate.
Make the burgers
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Shape the meat into 6 equal-sized patties.
- Prepare your grill.
- Add the burgers to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side depending on how cooked you like your burgers.
Make the beer cheese
- While the burgers are grilling, combine the cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, jalapeno, beer, and yogurt in a food processor.
- Mix until creamy. Note that you will have extra cheese.
- When the burgers have finished grilling, top each burger with a couple of tablespoons of beer cheese, two slices of cooked bacon, and some onion straws.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can keep your leftover jalapeno beer cheese mixture in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days. This should give you plenty of chances to use it up while it still tastes fresh and incredible. You can use it on more burgers or serve it up on a nice warm sandwich and it is sure to taste just as great!
For a spicier bite, feel free to leave in some of the seeds and membranes on the jalapenos in your cheese sauce. The seeds and membranes are where a majority of the heat is so leaving them in makes the cheese much spicier whereas omitting them will give you a much more mild flavor. This burger tastes great either way, the spice is just depending on your own preferences.
My favorite buns to use are brioche. I like to lightly toast them before filling them with all of my burger ingredients. Something about the soft bread and subtle toasty goodness just make every burger feel more perfect. That said you can use any type of bread bun. Even a pretzel bun would work perfectly here.
Want more? Check out these other interesting burger recipes:
- Grilled German Goetta Burger
- Pizza Burger
- Basil Peach Pork Burger Recipe
- Aloha Turkey Burger
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Burger Recipe
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- Hamburger buns
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 2/3 cup lager
- 2 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- To prepare the straws, heat oil over medium heat. In a large zip top back, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add onions and mix to coat. When oil is ready, add onions in batches. Cook straws for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove from oil and let drain on a paper towel.
- In a bowl mix together ground beef, salt and pepper. Shape into six patties. Prepare grill. Add burgers to hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side, depending on desired degree of doneness.
- While burgers are grilling, combine the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeno, beer and yogurt in a food processor. Mix until creamy. Note: you will have extra cheese!
- When burgers have finished grilling, top each burger with a couple of tablespoons of beer cheese, two slices of bacon and onion straws.
Amount Per Serving Calories 980Total Fat 71gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 50gCholesterol 157mgSodium 1624mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 53g