This harvest salad has a hearty mix of greens, grapes, nuts and a simple honey mustard vinaigrette.
Our family events all center around food. My mother is an incredible cook and both my sisters are talented as well. No matter who hosts we all pitch and bring food. One of those sisters however always volunteers to bring a salad. My family LOVES salads. We had one for every meal growing up. It is a staple in our house.
I always sort of envied her salad contribution. I wanted to be the one to bring the salad! Salads can be so pretty, they are easy and the combinations are endless! Which is why when Kroger asked me and 12 other bloggers to come together to prepare a holiday meal; I chose salad!
Our Kroger event brought us together to teach us about their new, easy way to grocery shop (you can read about that in my ClickList post), new Private Selection, HemisFares, and Simple Truth products, as well as their in-store specialty shops like Murray’s Cheese. Plus we got to learn how Kroger through their app and their innovative new stores, are changing the way consumers shop.
But one of the most fun was had in the kitchen. When you get 12 bloggers cooking a holiday meal together, you know it’s going to be a great time! We had a variety of dishes ranging from cocktails to Brie crostini, to vegan dishes, lasagna, garlic infused veggies, ham and of course, desserts! The dishes were spectacular and the company was even better.
My harvest inspired salad is made with romaine lettuce, red leave lettuce and finely chopped Brussels sprouts. These are tossed together and then topped with sweet red grapes, spiced pecans, avocados, and tangy gorgonzola cheese. A honey mustard vinaigrette gets drizzled on top!
This salad is simple, encompasses sweet and savory flavors and makes an impressive presence on a holiday table! Best of all the ingredients were easily found at Kroger.
Everyone loves a good salad!
- Harvest Salad
- 1 bunch of red leaf lettuce
- 1 small bunch of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup finely chopped Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups halved red grapes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup spiced pecans*
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Honey mustard vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Top with Brussels sprouts. Arrange grapes, avocado slices and nuts around the platter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a jar combine vinaigrette ingredients and shake to combine. Pour over salad just before serving.
- *To prepare the spiced pecans, toss 1 cup with 1 egg white and 1/2 teaspoons of water has been beaten until frothy. Drain and pat dry. Toss pecans with ¼ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon cumin, ? teaspoon cayenne pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Heat pecans on a hot skillet for 5-10 minutes or until dried and heated through, stirring often.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.