Black bean, corn, and avocado salad also has a touch of mango for a sweet and savory side dish that completes ever gathering!
Black Bean, Corn, and Avocado Salad Will Go With Anything!
My family and I had a 4th of July tradition. We would spend all day at a local waterpark. This particular park has a large recirculating pool, water slides and a small amusement park attached to it all. We would swim all day, ride the rides, then feast on our packed picnic dinner.
Dinner was always fried chicken, biscuits, gravy, mashed potatoes and ultra cheesy mac and cheese. It was all so good and so bad all at the same time. Our fingers and lips would both be greasy, but no one cared! July 5th we’d go back to our normal way of eating, but for the holiday day, we were going to go for broke on our diets.
The 4th is just a week away and we no longer spend the day at the pool and we no longer munch on fried food. A baked chicken will replace fried chicken, Caprese Quinoa, Fresh Spinach and Pesto Orzo Salad, and this Black Bean, Corn, and Avocado Salad will replace all the sides we used to indulge in!
About Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad
This is a very versatile side dish and it is super speedy to throw together. I toss together black beans, canned corn, fresh mangos and fresh avocados along with a basic honey lime vinaigrette. The flavors are perfect counterparts! A few things to consider when making this recipe:
- The best way to pick the perfect mango or avocado is by touch. You want to be able to lightly press the fruit. If it presses too easily, it is too ripe. A hard fruit isn’t ready to be eaten.
- Garbanzo beans would be a great substitution for the black beans.
- Grilled corn (leftover is even better) would be absolutely delicious in this recipe!
- You could even bulk up this salad by adding quinoa or wild rice!
- This salad is best when consumed immediately; the avocados have a tendency to get a little mushy over time.
Love bean salads? Then you need to try this Homemade Three Bean Salad and this Pinto Bean Salad with Avocado, Tomatoes and Red Onions!
- 1 14 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 14 oz can corn, drained
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 3 avocados, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
In a bowl, combine the black beans, corn, mangos, and avocados.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, salt, and cilantro. Pour dressing over salad, turning to coat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g