A frosty treat just for adults!
This milkshake has a healthy dose of Bailey’s Irish Cream mixed with chocolate ice cream and frozen coffee ice cubes for a mocha flavor!
Looking for an awesome cold iced coffee drink recipe? This one is perfect in every way. you get the chilled drink, cold ice cubes, chocolate ice cream, and Baileys in every sip for a wonderful drink for us adults. Relax and energize at the same time with this fun, cool, caffeinated, boozy drink. It’s going to take your afternoon iced coffees to an all new level.
This boozy milkshake recipe is absolutely perfect for St Patrick’s day and any day in summer. Top off your glass with some whipped cream and garnish with some green sugar sprinkles to make it festive for the holidays or leave it as-is for a simple summer dink. There are so many fun and delicious possibilities within every glass!
What is a Baileys Mocha Milkshake?
Take that leftover coffee in the pot and turn them into ice cubes for a flavorful drink that won’t feel watered down. Then dump the coffee ice cubes into a blender with chocolate ice cream and a sizable amount of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Optionally you can swirl chocolate syrup around the inside of the cup for a nicer appearance. Enjoy watching those powerful whirling blades crush the ice cubes and fold them into the frothy ice cream. The coffee ice cubes really made this milkshake.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- Coffee ice cubes
- Chocolate Syrup
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card down below.
How to Make Bailey’s Mocha Milkshake
- Freeze your leftover cooled coffee in some ice cube trays until solid.
- Combine the ice cubes, baileys, and chocolate ice cream in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add in a little milk at a time until thinned to your desired consistency (optional but may not be necessary).
- Squeeze some chocolate syrup into your drinking glasses and rotate the cup as you add syrup so that it is coating the insides of the glass.
- Pour your milkshake into the glass and serve.
If you want to make your drinks look pretty, here are a few simple and easy garnishes that can really elevate the appearance of your drinks.
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce (or salted caramel sauce)
- Maraschino cherries
- Colorful sprinkles
This Bailey’s drink recipe is totally customizable which just adds to the great reasons to love it. It’s versatile and always delicious.
If you would like to make your drink non-alcoholic, you can use Bailey’s coffee creamer instead of alcohol. This will give you the same great taste but make the drink much more family-friendly.
If you don’t have leftover coffee for an ice cube tray you can use regular ice cubes and use coffee instead of milk to thin down the milkshake. Alternatively, you could just use a mocha or Java flavored ice cream, instead of a chocolate ice cream.
How can I give my milkshake a stronger coffee kick?
For a stronger coffee flavor and caffeine kick, you can use chilled espresso instead of milk or have ice cubes made from leftover espresso. Even just adding in a tablespoon of instant espresso powder can have a good caffeine boost. Play around with the different combinations and amounts as you add them to see what you prefer. As I said earlier, this drink is completely customizable so feel free to adjust it to your own tastebuds and desires.
Can I make a boozy milkshake with vanilla ice cream?
Yes, this Baileys milk shake recipe would be great with vanilla ice cream. Perfect for those who aren’t as big of a fan of chocolate as I am. If desired you could blend some chocolate syrup into the mix to get your vanilla ice cream to turn into chocolate. This is a good option if you wanted chocolate but only have vanilla on hand.
- 3/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 12 coffee ice cubes
- Milk if necessary
- Chocolate Syrup
- Freeze left over coffee in an ice cube tray.
- Combine all ingredients in a Ninja blender and blend until smooth, adding milk if necessary.
- Squeeze chocolate sauce onto the inside of your glass and rotate glass while you continue to squeeze the syrup, completely coating the inside of your glass. Pour milkshake and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 511Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 50mgSodium 158mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 2gSugar 55gProtein 8g