Need something sinful and decadent? You need these bars!
Chock full of chocolate chips, gooey caramel, peanut butter, and chopped Reese’s Cups!
You’re going to love this simple yet easy dessert bar recipe. Packed with so much great flavor in every bite they are a Reese’s lover’s dream come true. If you’ve never had peanut butter and caramel together, then this is the time to try. These peanut butter bars are sure to help you see just how splendid of a pair the two flavors can be when they work together as a pair. Try them soon and you will agree.
What is Reese’s Peanut Butter Caramel Bars?
They are a super-rich and delicious dessert bar recipe made with a gooey layer of caramel that spills out into every bite. The chocolate chips and mini Reese’s peanut butter cups make these bars decadent and delicious. This recipe is super easy to throw together and always perfect for the occasion, make some up as a weekend treat or serve them up as a fun dessert to houseguests. These soft, chewy, and delicious peanut butter bars are always a huge hit, and never last for long around here either.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mini Reese cups
- Heavy cream
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with an electric handheld mixer, combine the brown sugar and melted butter until creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the peanut butter until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Carefully add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease the inside of a 9×13 baking dish and spread half of the dough into the prepared pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the caramels and heavy cream together in 45-second intervals, stirring between each until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the caramel onto the top of the bottom layer of dough and top with chopped Reese’s cups.
- Drop the remaining dough on top. spread it out gently with your fingertips.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Slice and serve.
Can I just use caramel sauce instead?
While making your own caramel sauce is great, if you do not wish to use caramel candy pieces and heavy cream to make your own caramel sauce then you can use storebought. I recommend the thick jar of caramel sauce found in the ice cream section of your grocery store. Using storebought will help to reduce time and effort as well so you can get your treats in your belly even faster.
How long are Reese’s Peanut Butter Caramel Bars good for?
These bars will last for up to 4 or 5 days if kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You could also choose to store them in the fridge if desired but you may wish to wait a few minutes before biting in if you want the caramel to soften first, otherwise, the cold air will have made it harder and chewy.
Can I make these peanut butter bars gluten free?
While I have not personally tested it I know other similar recipes have been modified without fail and feel confident in telling you that you may be able to turn these gluten free by using bob’s red mill gluten free 1:1 baking flour in place of the all-purpose flour. If you do try this at home, let me know how it turns out because I am eager to hear about the tasty results!
If you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover, these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats are a must too! Some other great chocolate peanut butter recipes include:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12oz package mini Reese cups unwrapped and chopped
- 11 oz or about 30 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixer, combine brown sugar and melted butter beating until creamy. Add vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in peanut butter until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Carefully add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Spread half of the dough onto the prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt caramels and heavy cream at 45-second intervals until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Pour caramel onto bottom layer of bars. Top with chopped Reese cups. Drop remaining dough onto peanut butter cups, gently spreading with your fingers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving Calories 467Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 59mgSodium 334mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 2gSugar 42gProtein 8g