These decadent chocolate and peanut butter brownies will steal the show at any tailgaiting party!
Want to get in on some tailgaiting fun? Be sure to visit the Tailgate At Your Place sweepstakes website for more details!
Each sport has it’s own special type of fan. Whether it’s hockey, soccer, baseball, basketball, or football, fans show their love for the game in such unique ways. There is one fan trait that all sports share, the fan that thinks they can ref, coach or play the game better than the actual team. If you’ve ever been to any sporting event, you know exactly what I’m talking about. We’ve all seen the guys (and women too) who spring to their feet as soon as a whistle is blown. They wave their arms wildly and scream so loudly and with such force that veins pop out of their necks. Let’s be real, when you are sitting in the nosebleed seats, you are gonna have to yell pretty loudly to be heard above all the OTHER fanatical fans.
There is something so exhilarating about seeing a sporting event live. Aside from the “coaches” in the stands, you get to see the kids and their eager faces, the band, the music, the cheers, and even heckles. BUT, you also get beverages spilled on you from the overzealous fan next to you. You have to wait in line to use the bathroom. It could be 90 degrees or it could be 20 degrees with wind, rain or even snow. The bleachers are cold, hard and make your butt feel very flat and very numb. You pay way too much to park and even more to eat and drink. The food might be good, but nothing beats a good tailgating in your OWN home (with your own bathroom)!
Seriously, why deal with the crowds and the elements? Tailgate at home instead! Grab your family and your friends, fire up the bbq or start the slow cookers and EAT! You stay warm and dry and save yourself some $$. Whatever you do, don’t forget about dessert! This chocolate peanut butter brownie is a must at any tailgate. It’s thick and rich with creamy peanut butter and peanut butter cups mixed right into the batter. The frosting is smooth, silky and absolutely decadent! This is a dessert you won’t find at any stadium!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- For the frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 in. pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar and return to microwave for a minute or until mixture is glossy.
- Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder, vanilla and coffee. Stir in eggs until blended. Carefully add flour and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Pour batter into prepared pan. Dollop spoonful’s of peanut butter onto brownie batter and swirl with a knife or an offset spatula. Bake brownies for 28 minutes or until edges are set. Let brownies cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: beat butter in a stand mixer until creamy. Carefully mix in powdered sugar and cocoa. Slowly add hot water and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in milk (add more if necessary).
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 616Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 86mgSodium 321mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 4gSugar 60gProtein 10g
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Red Baron. The opinions and text are all mine.