Warm your body up with a warm, frothy cup of steamed almond milk and honey!
This is a perfect comfort drink for cold weather.
If you are looking for the ultimate comforting warm drink then look no further. Whether it’s cold outside or you’ve caught a cold yourself you’ll find this drink to be perfectly soothing. Made with warmed almond milk, honey, and spices this drink is frothy and perfect in every sip. I love making a glass of this steamed almond milk. It has such a nice calming effect. It’s perfect for getting cozy on the couch in front of the fire.
Steamed milk vs Frothed milk
Frothed milk is steamed milk that has been given a bit more air so that it now holds a foam bath on top. So your mug will have a warm almond milk base and be topped with a frothy foam up on top to give you a truly relaxing and inviting appearance.
- Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
- Cinnamon stick
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Steamed Almond Milk and Honey
- Place one tablespoon of honey into your drinking mug and then set it aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the almond milk together with a cinnamon stick.
- Heat until the milk has bubbles around the edges but do not allow it to come to a full boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let rest for one minute.
- Place the milk into a blender and add in the vanilla.
- Remove the center of the top of the blender and place a towel over it so that the steam can escape, but it won’t make a mess.
- Blend for a few seconds to create a nice frothy texture.
- Pour the frothy milk over the top of the honey in your mug and then stir to combine.
- Top with some nutmeg for garnish if desired.
What are the benefits of almond milk and honey?
How do you steam almond milk on the stove?
What type of almond milk should I use?
- Slow Cooker Mocha Chai Tea Latte
- Coconut White Hot Chocolate
- Boozy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Butter Pecan Latte
- Red Velvet Chocolate Steamer
- Warm Red Sangria Recipe
Steamed Almond Milk and Honey
Soothe yourself with a warm glass of steamed almond milk and honey!Soothe yourself with a warm glass of steamed almond milk and honey!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze AlmondMilk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place a tablespoon of honey in a mug; set aside.
- Heat almond milk together with a cinnamon stick in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat milk until the edges bubble, but do not allow milk come to a full boil. Remove from heat and let the milk sit for a minute.
- Place milk along with vanilla in a blender. Remove the center of the lid and place a towel over the top so that steam can escape.
- Pour milk over the honey and stir. Top with nutmeg if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 276mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 21gProtein 2g
Jennie @onesweetmess says
This is perfect for all of the snow we currently have on the ground and the fact that I can’t get warm to save my life. Pinned!
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips says
This sounds so perfectly comforting for this dreary day!
Kacey @ The Cookie Writer says
I feel this beverage would be perfect for when someone is feeling under the weather. And perfect for those who cannot handle milk 🙂
I love all of your warm drink ideas! I’m still not over your pecan latte, and now this!
This looks amazing! I have been trying to stop drinking so much coffee, but I love a good warm beverage. I have got to try this!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
This drink looks like the perfect way to relax and unwind for a bit! Love honey in warm drinks!
Aggie @ Aggie's Kitchen says
I don’t technically make resolutions but I try to focus on something…I started doing that last year and I loved the mindset behind it. I am choosing to be “consistent” this year, and so far I have to say I am doing a good job! Hopefully it keeps going.
This warm almond milk sounds seriously so amazing and comforting, love it!
Dear Tanya, I love this. What a wonderful and soothing treat for these cold winter nights. I must try this soon. Pinning for later. xoxo, Catherine
So good for the those cold winter nights! Or just to enjoy. 🙂
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel says
This would be such a perfect cold weather drink!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen says
Absolutely love how cozy and warming this drink looks. I was making something similar for a few weeks with warmed almond milk, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, stevia and vanilla as a nice nightly treat trying to be a little healthier than hot chocolate. Need to get back on that kick, it was delicious!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
I could see sipping on this right before bedtime to ensure a restful night that is full of sweet dreams!
YUM! So simple, and I know these flavors work so well together. Thanks Tanya.
Lauren @ Healthy Delicious says
Mmmmmm…..this sounds so warm and cozy!
This sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Meg @ With Salt and Wit says
I love steamers but had yet to ry adding honey! Perfect with this dang cough I cant get rid of!
I LOVE almond milk – especially the one with a bit of honey. I use it every day in my smoothie. I’ve been wondering if I could steam it and add it to warmed beverages (tea and coffee) and how it would hold up – so seeing this makes me totally excited! It’ll work!!! Yaaay! I can’t wait to try it 😀
looks great and such a pleasure to click on a link that is something I’d want to eat, well except that I’d substitute the honey for date syrup, all the game day dips are really getting to me! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!
Stop it. This sounds so good! You know, my parents used to make me something similar when I was a kid and had a stomach ache. This was obviously in the days of “milk and cookies cures anything,” and I always found warmed milk to be incredibly comforting. Since I switched to almond/soy milk many moons ago, I’d LOOOOOVE to try this! Thanks for sharing–stopping in from SITS Sharefest today 🙂
frugal hausfrau says
This sounds like a seriously special end of the day treat – it would be great for a bit of quiet time before bed! Thanks for sharing this with us on Throwback Thursday – I can’t wait to see what you’ll bring next time!
April Was in CA now MA says
Mildly confused, should it be 3 cups almond milk instead of 3 tablespoons? I found some almond milk with a touch of honey at the grocery yesterday, going to try it heated and use my milk frother. Thanks for the idea!
my review center says
Hi, It’s sound delicious and perfect for the kids. I will try it for sure. Then I need a milk frother.
Tanya Schroeder says
I bought a cheap frother at Ikea, works beautifully!