Warm your body up with a warm, frothy cup of steamed almond milk and honey!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Here we are nearing the end of January and I’m curious to hear if anyone is still hanging on to their resolutions. I am not because I never made any. Yes, I want this year to be better than the last, which is why I never make resolutions. I find them impossible to keep which makes me super disappointed in myself. No one should start off the year feeling like a failure.
One thing I need to do more often this year is to make time to relax. My weeks are filled with activity; I’m either helping at school, driving one of my three kids to their activities, the mountain of laundry that accumulates from those activities, cleaning the house, cooking, baking, growing the blog, not to mention finding time to exercise, walk the dog, spend time with my husband and make time for friends . But this long to-do list isn’t unique to me. While your to-do list might look different from mine, let’s face it, we are ALL very busy people.
This year I need to make myself take me time; even if it’s just for an hour. This will be my time to rest my mind, rejuvenate myself so that I have more energy to tackle the daily grind. I’ll make myself a warm mug of steamed almond milk and honey, snuggle with my dog and push all my stress aside. Steamed milk and honey is so easy and it has such a calming effect. I used unsweetened almond milk for this recipe, but your favorite flavor will do (although I’d avoid the chocolate flavor, but that’s just me). Warm your milk with a cinnamon stick or two, froth it in the blender and pour over honey. Give your drink a little stir and get cozy!
Steamed Almond Milk and Honey
Soothe yourself with a warm glass of steamed almond milk and honey!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze AlmondMilk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place a tablespoon of honey in a mug; set aside.
- Heat almond milk together with a cinnamon stick in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat milk until the edges bubble, but do not allow milk come to a full boil. Remove from heat and let the milk sit for a minute.
- Place milk along with vanilla in a blender. Remove the center of the lid and place a towel over the top so that steam can escape.
- Pour milk over the honey and stir. Top with nutmeg if desired.
Want more Almond Milk Ideas?
Connect with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Milk: