Warm your body up with a warm, frothy cup of steamed almond milk and honey!
This is a perfect comfort drink for cold weather.
If you are looking for the ultimate comforting warm drink then look no further. Whether it’s cold outside or you’ve caught a cold yourself you’ll find this drink to be perfectly soothing. Made with warmed almond milk, honey, and spices this drink is frothy and perfect in every sip. I love making a glass of this steamed almond milk. It has such a nice calming effect. It’s perfect for getting cozy on the couch in front of the fire.
Steamed milk vs Frothed milk
Frothed milk is steamed milk that has been given a bit more air so that it now holds a foam bath on top. So your mug will have a warm almond milk base and be topped with a frothy foam up on top to give you a truly relaxing and inviting appearance.
- Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
- Cinnamon stick
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Steamed Almond Milk and Honey
- Place one tablespoon of honey into your drinking mug and then set it aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the almond milk together with a cinnamon stick.
- Heat until the milk has bubbles around the edges but do not allow it to come to a full boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let rest for one minute.
- Place the milk into a blender and add in the vanilla.
- Remove the center of the top of the blender and place a towel over it so that the steam can escape, but it won’t make a mess.
- Blend for a few seconds to create a nice frothy texture.
- Pour the frothy milk over the top of the honey in your mug and then stir to combine.
- Top with some nutmeg for garnish if desired.
What are the benefits of almond milk and honey?
How do you steam almond milk on the stove?
What type of almond milk should I use?
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze AlmondMilk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place a tablespoon of honey in a mug; set aside.
- Heat almond milk together with a cinnamon stick in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat milk until the edges bubble, but do not allow milk come to a full boil. Remove from heat and let the milk sit for a minute.
- Place milk along with vanilla in a blender. Remove the center of the lid and place a towel over the top so that steam can escape.
- Pour milk over the honey and stir. Top with nutmeg if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 276mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 21gProtein 2g